• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

getting down to the training camp 80...

rayzor

well since last year we have an 80 man roster limit in training camp. used to be 86(?) but because of the folding of NFLEuro they cut it down to 80.

Knowing that and with the recent cuts of Oshinowo :( and McDonald we are sitting at 84.

We have 40 on offense and 39 on defense, 5 ST.

positions i would expect the next cuts to come from are DT (which is now down to 8), LB (11), Safety (7), OT (7), and WR (10).

possible cuts I see are:

DTs: Justin Kershaw, Lorenzo Williams

LBs: Jeremy Leman, Mike Juergans, Brit Miller

Safeties: Paul Chiara, Joe Fields(?)

OT: Patrick Brown, Jonathon Palmer

WR: Kevin McMahan

I think the safest positions are C(2), DE(6), FB(2), K(2), LS(2), P(1), QB(4), RB(5), and TE(4).

I could see LB and DT getting hit the hardest to make way for an influx if late DT cuts from other teams.

any thoughts?

well since last year we have an 80 man roster limit in training camp. used to be 86(?) but because of the folding of NFLEuro they cut it down to 80.

Knowing that and with the recent cuts of Oshinowo :( and McDonald we are sitting at 84.

positions i would expect the next cuts to come from are DT (which is now down to 8), LB (11), Safety (7), OT (7), and WR (10).

possible cuts I see are:

LBs: Jeremy Leman, Mike Juergans, Brit Miller

I think the safest positions are C(2), DE(6), FB(2), K(2), LS(2), P(1), QB(4), RB(5), and TE(4).

I could see LB and DT getting hit the hardest to make way for an influx if late DT cuts from other teams.

any thoughts?

these guys are gone.

possible cuts I see are:

LBs: Jeremy Leman, Mike Juergans, Brit Miller...gone

any thoughts?

still have a couple more to go, right?

My guess at this point would be either two from the lines (one OT, one DT) or perhaps one from the lines and a corner. Two trench guys seems more likely to me right at this moment.

with so many having been cut from the D could see one from the OL being cut. them trying to find good depth makes me think they want some big bodies to compete on the OL so that will make it tough.

i could see a DT and S going next but an OT wouldn't surprise me at all.

Archived