• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers: How Not to Hold Out for a New Contract

QuasiYoda

Yes let's treat people like ish on here then say I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HARM.

That works!

I think I will test that out tonight. I will tell my husband he's a no good SOB, a bum, etc and that I want a divorce. Just out of nowhere, after his having started nothing with me. Then after I am done I will SAY I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HARM!!!!! IT WAS ALL IN GOOD FUN. I CAN'T HELP IT IF I AM A BETTER INSULTER OF PEOPLE THAN YOU ARE!!!! :rolleyes:

FTR I never called you a single name and you constantly insulted me and others who didn't call you names so you are a liar too.

And now I am done derailing this thread with any comments to you.

That works!

I think I will test that out tonight. I will tell my husband he's a no good SOB, a bum, etc and that I want a divorce. Just out of nowhere, after his having started nothing with me. Then after I am done I will SAY I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HARM!!!!! IT WAS ALL IN GOOD FUN. I CAN'T HELP IT IF I AM A BETTER INSULTER OF PEOPLE THAN YOU ARE!!!! :rolleyes:

FTR I never called you a single name and you constantly insulted me and others who didn't call you names so you are a liar too.

I love you, does that count?...

That works!

stop lying and try to get your emotions in check JUST a little. you have made you fair share of smart ass comments.

again..

emotions.....check

rinse and repeat

I'm tired of hearing that " as soon as little Peppy gets his first sackarooni, that I'm going to love him again"

The guy threw this team under the bus, burned every bridge, and in turn is getting 17 mill this season, further hampering us.

I'll put it this way, if Julius doesn't get at least 17 sacks this season, I'll be calling for his head(by way of trade)

And I know quite the number that feel the same.

I'm tired of hearing that " as soon as little Peppy gets his first sackarooni, that I'm going to love him again"

The guy threw this team under the bus, burned every bridge, and in turn is getting 17 mill this season, further hampering us.

I'll put it this way, if Julius doesn't get at least 17 sacks this season, I'll be calling for his head(by way of trade)

And I know quite the number that feel the same.

While I really didn't like the way that Peppers went about things, his team still loves him and wants him there. The fans will love him again too, as long as he works hard this season.

Well, Peppers is still with us thru this year, we're all stuck with each other. I think the point was made that the league viewed him as risky, and certainly not worth the high draft picks a 'franchise player' usually merits. I think he has the athleticism to play in a 3 -4 somewhere, but that would still require some time, perhaps more than a season, to fully learn. He is starting to age, and he has 7 seasons of wear and tear on him, so teams may not have been willing to make the TIME investment in him as opposed to the financial one.

But, it's all over now. I hope he plays with the 'tude of a guy who wants to be the highest paid player in the league, so he can emulate much of the success he had last season (playoff game not withstanding, a circumstance that applies to the entire team!).

Go 'Cats!

Peppers took the least risk, got seriously paid, and arguably strong-armed some serious changes amongst the key staff and their mentality when it comes to utilizing him on Sundays. He worked out to his liking and personal schedule, forced the front office to make a huge move and get him some help, and only tarnished his name amongst a very small and very wacko contingent of pseudo-fanz on the Carolina Huddle.

/thread

Thanks for proving my point

Thanks for proving my point

Ummmm, you don't have a point, you don't have a point, since you haven't posted. You can come in and try to steal thunder, but you haven't been in here to this point, so how can you say anyone is proving a point you haven't even made?

Peppers took the least risk, got seriously paid, and arguably strong-armed some serious changes amongst the key staff and their mentality when it comes to utilizing him on Sundays. He worked out to his liking and personal schedule, forced the front office to make a huge move and get him some help, and only tarnished his name amongst a very small and very wacko contingent of pseudo-fanz on the Carolina Huddle.

/thread

I was going to start a thread to say basically this very thing.

Pep is not as dumb as some of the people in the Huddle seem to be.

Rep!

Ummmm, you don't have a point, you don't have a point, since you haven't posted.

I most certainly do have a point. The fact that i have not posted in this thread only means that I have not shared that point. Crolls has definitely proven my point though.

how can you say anyone is proving a point you haven't even made?

It's easy. I just did it.

I was going to start a thread to say basically this very thing.

Pep is not as dumb as some of the people in the Huddle seem to be.

Rep!

Top Dawg that is what this thread is all about. I posted a naysayers article as the title piece then I rebutted it as the 2nd post including the following exerpt:

To Summarize what Peppers has done has been very effective 1) he is making more money than any other player in the NFL at his position 2) He has not alienated his coaches or fellow players 3) He has changed the style of defense to one better suited to his skill set allowing him to maximize his potential 4) He got a mini vacation by holding off signing the Franchise tender until after the OTA's 5) He has given the team a Spiritual Boost by coming back into the fold at a time when his teammates can use that as inspiration to work harder on their individual conditioning until training camp. 6) He is willing to negotiate a long term contract which could free up cap space and help the team pick up another quality player or two as team cuts push out some quality players

I most certainly do have a point. The fact that i have not posted in this thread only means that I have not shared that point. Crolls has definitely proven my point though.

It's easy. I just did it.

Not proved a thing to me, you just jump in to make insults and don't offer anything else?

Archived