• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

San Francisco - Candlestick Park

KBRed

I'm planning a trip to go to San Francisco and obviously planned it in November when the Panthers will be playing. Can anyone provide any feedback on best seating in the stadium? I would like to find tickets behind the visitor bench, but I'm not sure if I'll find them. Any ideas on seats and also if there are good places to get them?

Also, for those of you that live there or have been there, what restaurants would you recommend? Must see places? This will be my first time there, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the help.

I'm planning a trip to go to San Francisco and obviously planned it in November when the Panthers will be playing. Can anyone provide any feedback on best seating in the stadium? I would like to find tickets behind the visitor bench, but I'm not sure if I'll find them. Any ideas on seats and also if there are good places to get them?

Also, for those of you that live there or have been there, what restaurants would you recommend? Must see places? This will be my first time there, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the help.

PM Montsta, he lives out there and will be going to the game.

First: Dress like it's snowing in Carolina, because it gets cold as hell when the wind blows off the bay in Hunter's Point.

Second: The Marina District has some great little hole-in-the-wall restaurants; keep in mind that the stadium is only 12 miles from the waterfront in SF, but it'll take half an hour to drive it.

We spent a week in Napa last year and a couple days at the end of the trip in SF- my first trip there in about 30 years. We stayed at a place called the Chelsea Motor Lodge in the middle of the Marina District, within walking distance to some great eateries.

Enjoy it all you can! One of my favorite cities in the entire country.

PStall, I've definitely been MIA on here. New girlfriend, new adventures, loving life. A trip like this would have seemed unreachable without her. Anyway, thanks for the website and we need to play some ball soon.

Anybodyhome, I really didn't think about the coldness of the wind/water. Regardless, it should be awesome. Everyone says they don't want to leave. Plus, I've never been to an away game before, so it should be a cool experience on Sunday.

I bought a Columbia shell that works great against the wind and it was very light and packed well for our Napa trip. Best purchase I made as I used it on a 6AM sunrise hot air balloon ride over Napa and our trip along the northern CA coast. 

"Hot" in San Francisco is anything over 75. It stays very mild there and cools significantly the closer you get to the water. You can go inland 30 minutes and it's over 90, get into the city and it's easily 15-20 degrees cooler.

I'll be giving a talk in San Fran in the middle of October...it'll still be relatively mild I take it?

Believe it or not, the highest average temps of the year in SF are September and October, although they are 70/55 and 69/54. But, as I said, the closer to the water, the cooler it is.

There's a reason the America's Cup is being raced in SF- the wind always blows there.

Archived