• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appologies

You should never apologize for anything. It's a sign of weakness.....:D

I've heard that works for some people. Gibbs on NCIS for one lol On occasion I feel it is OK to appear weak. Steve Smith and the Panthers were stronger because of his apology last year.

Though it is not an apology

I prefer to admit I'm wrong as quickly as possible. It is a very Strong thing to do. I had a teacher in high school who was good at that. If someone prove him wrong he would simply acknowledge with a simple "True" then move on. Very efficient, no wasted energy on Ego attached, false positions.

I hate to see people give everything they have to defend a position they know is wrong, simply because that is where they started.

I've heard that works for some people. Gibbs on NCIS for one lol On occasion I feel it is OK to appear weak. Steve Smith and the Panthers were stronger because of his apology last year.

I prefer to admit I'm wrong as quickly as possible. It is a very Strong thing to do. I had a teacher in high school who was good at that. If someone prove him wrong he would simply acknowledge with a simple "True" then move on. Very efficient, no wasted energy on Ego attached, false positions.

I hate to see people give everything they have to defend a position they know is wrong, simply because that is where they started.

You are right. An apology or admitting you were wrong is the "higher road" and IMHO the right thing to do.....

Now look what you've done, you are breaking down my Interwebz "Tough Guy Act."

I want an apology....

You've never expressed thoughts that you'd prefer to move on to another firm, after fulfilling your contract of course, that's the fact that most people conveniently forget?...

First lets get one thing straight. I dont have a problem with him leaving and I fully back him or anyone else to do what they want with their careers. Especially if they have completed their contract. I'm fine with that. If you don't want to play here lets resolve it and get you where you want to go. I never make it personal. Its a business.

It's how you get a raise, ever think of that?...

Ive always gotten a raise because my work ethic got me to the top. I never requested for a pay raise in my life. I guess I did it the old fashion way, "I earned it". :)

Unlike many CEOs of failing companies today :eek:

According to Peppers, this had nothing to do with money. It was a desire to play somewhere else. If thats not the case, and it is about the money, then man up and say so.

pete

You are right. An apology or admitting you were wrong is the "higher road" and IMHO the right thing to do.....

Now look what you've done, you are breaking down my Interwebz "Tough Guy Act."

I want an apology....

Oh Pantha-San Me so Sari! :frown:

Check this out Sari

Your exactly right. Many people won't admit they are wrong and keep making it worse continuing on. One definition of insanity is doing more of the same over and over and expecting different results.

Another problem with some folks are they doesn't even realize they are wrong. It requires logical sense and the ability to analyze a situation from more than one point of view Those who say for example, we shouldn't have franchised him at this point don't even consider that we needed to do that in order to get where we are today. We have Pep, we are working toward a longterm contract and mending fences.

Concrete straight line thinkers struggle with different perspectives which is why they can't change their point of view even as the facts change. Analytical thinking realize that as information changes then their perspective can change as well. They made one decision with one set of data. When the data changes, there point of view changes to account for new information. They appear stubborn when they are simply cognitively limited.

It is absolutely astounding that you continue to actually believe we should have let one of the tope DE's walk for zero compensation....just because he wanted to.

Thank God you are not in a position to make any decision of substance.

he wears a bag on his face for a reason.

Archived