• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of how the year ends, I think this is Fox's last year

Fiz

So "Gboy still Wrong" why don't you tell us about all the Character Problems on the Panthers right now ?

The only one from the current team you posted was Steve Smith and he has no Character Problem. He has an anger management problem but he has the character to over come and humility to own up to any mistakes he makes before his team, and before any lasting damage is done. He took his punishment last year like a man, that's character. I bet you were raising hell about Fox suspending him last year. Weren't you . . .

Aggressive behavior can hurt you and your chances of winning overall so often, I learned this in the financial markets where if you are stupid (too aggressive), you lose money. Conservative keeps you in the game long enough to win it.

Yes last year was a much easier schedule than this year but I believe our team is even better this year and can rise to this new level of competition. WE have an Offensive line that is intact from last year for a NICE change among so many other things working well

You've gotten fat on the fruits of Fox's Conservative management and think you can do better. LOL

A focus on character and yet we have one of the worst track records of any team with a long list of players with character issues.

Say wut??? In the Fox era???

Be negative about the team if you wish, but to say something like this that there's no facts behind to forward your point is puzzling.

I don't think Fox is close to retiring/being fired whatever.

Coaching definitely ages guys, all you have to do is look @ a pic of Fox circa 2002 when he got the job and now. But I can't see him leaving coaching so soon, especially after this next year.

I could actually agree with Fiz on this. My thinking is that Coughlin retires in NY and then Fox goes there. I could even see this happening even if the Panthers were to win the Super Bowl. Fox has been in Carolina for a really long time compared to the longivity of other coaches around the league. Just like all of the assistants leaving this past offseason, it might just be that Fox sees this a the time to move on.

Say wut??? In the Fox era???

Be negative about the team if you wish, but to say something like this that there's no facts behind to forward your point is puzzling.

I don't think Fox is close to retiring/being fired whatever.

Coaching definitely ages guys, all you have to do is look @ a pic of Fox circa 2002 when he got the job and now. But I can't see him leaving coaching so soon, especially after this next year.

Since when has he ever used facts and logic to justfy his bizarre opinions and accusations. Fox would only leave here to go to a better job. He is loyal though and will stick with Richardson who has stuck with him. Fox is not going anywhere.

As for all the scandals, as you know, there really haven't been any. The steroid scandel wasn't any different than any other team or any other sport. No panther tested positive. It was doctor records and our players were implicated tangentially. And Steve Smith did nothing more than a ton of other players have done in camp. The diffference is that Fox made him an example and it became big news while other teams like Tampa or Atlanta have it happen with Hall and Talib and sweep it under the rug.

I could actually agree with Fiz on this. My thinking is that Coughlin retires in NY and then Fox goes there. I could even see this happening even if the Panthers were to win the Super Bowl. Fox has been in Carolina for a really long time compared to the longivity of other coaches around the league. Just like all of the assistants leaving this past offseason, it might just be that Fox sees this a the time to move on.

WHY? :confused:

Why would Fox want to go to NY? :svengo: He is not from there. Does he just want to be incessantly badgered by the ravenous NY media? Not even.

Why leave right after you win the Super Bowl so he can't share in the accolades with his brothers in arms ? Not bloody likely. You don't work for years to achieve a group goal and then leave when you can reap the benefits. Cowher did it but that was after 14 years in the saddle and he is an emotional guy who likely wore himself out more than Fox who usually takes a measured approach to things

Fox is a builder he wants to stay here until he retires and leaves an enduring legacy with Championships, HOF careers for his players and perhaps himself. Maybe if Jerry R passes on he may not like the new management mindset but until then he stays and works on his team and on himself.

All in my opinion of course

i think Fiz likes to start threads so much he will grab at anything to do so.

i think you like to ride my jock so much you'll leap at any opportunity, regardless of how weak, banal, uninteresting, or vapid the post you make turns out to be.

don't worry follow me around long enough and eventually you'll say something of note!

I don't know why I think this.

Fox has been the coach for quite a long time by NFL standards. He seems tired when I see him in interviews.

IMO i think the reason he seems tired in interviews may be more of him not liking talking to the media and answering the same old questions. you can only say " it is what it is" so many times before you get bored with it..but i could be wrong, if i could see in the future id have won the lottery 3 or 4 times by now

know how many coaches have survived fox's tenure?

three

I said it in an earlier thread...I think Fox is here as long as Delhomme is and vice versa. As soon as one leaves, the other will follow so it really does hinge on how well Delhomme plays. If he shows hes a capable starter for this year and beyond then Fox will be here. Unless Fox just crashes and says enough, but I don't see that happening after he has essentially built this team from the ground up into a perennial contender...he wants the payoff of an SB.

i think you like to ride my jock so much you'll leap at any opportunity, regardless of how weak, banal, uninteresting, or vapid the post you make turns out to be.

don't worry follow me around long enough and eventually you'll say something of note!

Archived