• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regardless of how the year ends, I think this is Fox's last year

Fiz

perhaps you should read the thread then because it's pretty impossible to escape that sentiment

So I did reread . . . only one reference to firing of Fox and that was listed with a retiring reference as well.

Fast forward to February 2010.

News flash: The Super Bowl Champion Carolina Panthers fire (or Fox retires) Head Coach John Fox.

NO.

Fiz you should watch your assumptions . . .

Special circumstances though. Never mistake Jerry Richardson for Jerruh Jones.

True. I think that may be implicit in my response though, only Jerry Jones or Al Davis would be dumb enough to get rid of a SB winning coach.

We've already been over Fox's record as a head coach numerous times.

He has been outstanding.

We've already been over the solid foundations that make the Panther's Organization the envy of much of the league. The focus on "Character" in all prospective players, the insistence on players who know how to put Team Performance over Individual Performance, the insistence on Promoting a quality Family atmosphere at BOA Stadium, Team Loyalty, etc etc etc

But you want him to change so we can have some scandals, some Al Davis big pass plays, or what? I don't get it Panthers were an exciting Kick Ass Big Play Team Last Year what is it you are looking for?

Sour Grapes

A focus on character and yet we have one of the worst track records of any team with a long list of players with character issues. No team envies the panthers because they dont even have a super bowl.

Family atmosphere? If thats what Jerry wanted then he should have invested in a chucky cheese franchise instead. This is football god damet! Not disney world! We should have a real sports atmosphere with real die hard fans like the carolina hurricanes have. Our atmosphere sucks!

John Fox is too conservative and he plays football like he's afraid. If you like pussy football playing not to lose instead of to win and putting your foot on opposing teams throats then so be it.

Yeah you're right, Richardson is such a terrible owner and our team hasn't enjoyed success under Fox..... This isn't college, the coach can't be blamed for all of the problems. Why don't you direct some of the frustration on Hurney? He is a little more to blame for this because of the teams he has assembled some years, however he has righted the ship and they both should be supported because we had a good year last year and would have made a lot of noise without a massive Jake meltdown...

Martty Hurney has done an oustanding job! He's the only one I dont have a problem with in the FO. He assembled all of this great talent only to watch coach Fox let it go to waste.

:rofl: Holy sh*t man!!! You are such a fuggin' a curmudgeon. Go to the beach. Have a beer. Enjoy life. On your way to the beach, you can count how many out of state license plates you see taking up our roadways. Make a game out of it.

I got a better idea. I'll count all the NFL licens plates that I see. I bet I will count far more opposing team ones than I would panther ones.

:rofl: Holy sh*t man!!! You are such a fuggin' a curmudgeon. Go to the beach. Have a beer. Enjoy life. On your way to the beach, you can count how many out of state license plates you see taking up our roadways. Make a game out of it.

lmfao.. :D

A focus on character and yet we have one of the worst track records of any team with a long list of players with character issues. No team envies the panthers because they dont even have a super bowl.

Family atmosphere? If thats what Jerry wanted then he should have invested in a chucky cheese franchise instead. This is football god damet! Not disney world! We should have a real sports atmosphere with real die hard fans like the carolina hurricanes have. Our atmosphere sucks!

John Fox is too conservative and he plays football like he's afraid. If you like pussy football playing not to lose instead of to win and putting your foot on opposing teams throats then so be it.

How nice thought you'd get up first thing in the morning and pee in everybody's corn flakes. :ciappa:

Since John Fox has been here we have a Great Record of taking Players with High Character. Last years Problem with Steve Smith shows this yet again. A problem that would have torn many teams apart only served to reinforce team chemistry and cohesiveness. So "Gboy still Wrong" why don't you tell us about all the Character Problems on the Panthers right now ?

John Fox had one of the most Prolific Big Play Offenses in Football last year. We went 12 and 4 best record in franchise history and you're complaining he is too conservative. So if he takes more chances but loses more games you'll be happier? Fox is using the good judgment of experienced coach who knows how to win. The Panthers aggressiveness has been growing year after year as team units get sharper and more potent. Kinda makes you and your point of view formed 2 years ago feel kinda impotent, don't it?

This year a new more aggressive, opportunistic defense is going into action in September. This team has been on a nice upwards trajectory for several years now and I only see that continuing in 2009 with the changes being made in this off season and with the majority of last years team in tact and eager to to take the next step to Super Bowl Success.

Oh sorry was that your corn flakes? U're in for a taste treat LOL

How nice thought you'd get up first thing in the morning and pee in everybody's corn flakes. :ciappa:

Since John Fox has been here we have a Great Record of taking Players with High Character. Last years Problem with Steve Smith shows this yet again. A problem that would have torn many teams apart only served to reinforce team chemistry and cohesiveness. So "Gboy still Wrong" why don't you tell us about all the Character Problems on the Panthers right now ?

John Fox had one of the most Prolific Big Play Offenses in Football last year. We went 12 and 4 best record in franchise history and you're complaining he is too conservative. So if he takes more chances but loses more games you'll be happier? Fox is using the good judgment of experienced coach who knows how to win. The Panthers aggressiveness has been growing year after year as team units get sharper and more potent. Kinda makes you and your point of view formed 2 years ago feel kinda impotent, don't it?

This year a new more aggressive, opportunistic defense is going into action in September. This team has been on a nice upwards trajectory for several years now and I only see that continuing in 2009 with the changes being made in this off season and with the majority of last years team in tact and eager to to take the next step to Super Bowl Success.

Oh sorry was that your corn flakes? U're in for a taste treat LOL

Lamar Smith, Steve Smith, Todd Saurbrun, Jarrod Cooper, Jeremy Bridges, etc etc plus countless players involved in a steroid scandal all under John Fox's watch. If character is their main focus then they are doing a piss poor job at it.

Since John fox has been here we have been nothing short of inconsistent. We always follow up a winning season with a losing one or an 8-8 season. The only reason we went 12-4 last year was because we played a cup cake schedule. This year we will not have the luxury.

Prolific big play offense? Huh? We had a prolific running game because John Fox is conservative and wants to run on every play. But we didnt have a prolific offense by any means. Our QB threw for 16 Tds to 17 INts for crying out loud. You call that prolific?

Did you sersiously call the panthers agressive? You obviously do not follow this team then. We have been running the same bland bend but dont break defense for 6 years now and I see no changes in that as long as Fox continues to step over his coordinators toes. Agressive? LOL! John Fox is too conservative and doesnt even know the meaning of the word. Quit being a homer and living in denial.

Archived