• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network is reporting...

sml1950

Did someone just say HOF?

Hey, glad to see you have shifted your focus from counting opposing fans in the stands. :D

I'm not alone. Solomon Wilcots said last week he thinks Peppers is building a HOF career in Carolina.:ihih: You know if Solomon says it...

Well if he signs a long-term deal, then what the fug are we going to do with Everette Brown? Unless we don't think Charles Johnson is starter material.

Nah. Continuous rotation of Johnson, Brayton, and Brown while Pep tests every point on the line to find where he's most effective. Potential for fresh pass rush threats on every down? Yeah, I'll take that.

Anyone think we'll see a four DE set any time this year? Maybe on 3rd and long with three or more recievers on the field?

Hey, glad to see you have shifted your focus from counting opposing fans in the stands. :D

I'm not alone. Solomon Wilcots said last week he thinks Peppers is building a HOF career in Carolina.:ihih: You know if Solomon says it...

:lol:

to everyone getting bent out of shape over Peppers, there's something I used to not get and now I do, is that the NFL is a business a very big very well paying business, this isn't College Football, these guy's aren't playing just for the love of the game, they are playing to get Paid.

And Peppers was playing the system to get paid the most he could possibly get paid. IMO though there may have been a better way to go about it but hey if he had a better agent that would have been the case.

Nah. Continuous rotation of Johnson, Brayton, and Brown while Pep tests every point on the line to find where he's most effective. Potential for fresh pass rush threats on every down? Yeah, I'll take that.

Anyone think we'll see a four DE set any time this year? Maybe on 3rd and long with three or more recievers on the field?

this is what i am thinking..at least into CJ contract is up and then he leves in FA to be a starter

ESPN and SI both reporting this now. Maybe it will be done before camp.

And while the move means Peppers won't hold out of training camp, agent Carl Carey indicated late Wednesday that Peppers is happy with his lucrative one-year deal and is no longer opposed to discussing a long-term deal with the Panthers.

Peppers

Peppers

"Recently, I've had positive and productive discussions with the organization," Peppers said in a statement released by Carey. "I am optimistic and focused as I look forward to the upcoming NFL season."

So WTF is the deal then with his "I don't want to play for the Panthers..." stuff after last season. Is it the fact that there was no interest in him from other teams and he now sees he needs to stay here?

we'll never know for sure

So WTF is the deal then with his "I don't want to play for the Panthers..." stuff after last season. Is it the fact that there was no interest in him from other teams and he now sees he needs to stay here?

It was a message to the franchise...

You get asked to be a leader when people clearly know your personality type does not permit you to be what they are looking for... So, you have to send messages (for the team, as a leader) in drastic forms sometimes...

I told you all a lot of it was Trgovac and the defensive schematics and decisions... We overhauled that and showed we were willing to adapt to our players' strengths, and give them more freedom and not hold them down to a rigid system... Remember Godfrey (I think?!?) saying that this scheme had the defense flocking to the ball and not necessarily a man? That is a big thing, and a big change...

It was a message to the franchise...

You get asked to be a leader when people clearly know your personality type does not permit you to be what they are looking for... So, you have to send messages (for the team, as a leader) in drastic forms sometimes...

I told you all a lot of it was Trgovac and the defensive schematics and decisions... We overhauled that and showed we were willing to adapt to our players' strengths, and give them more freedom and not hold them down to a rigid system... Remember Godfrey (I think?!?) saying that this scheme had the defense flocking to the ball and not necessarily a man? That is a big thing, and a big change...

Cool... I hope that you're right and Pep is completely on board now that Trgo is gone and the scheme has changed. If he is, with the other talent we have on D, we have serious potential.

I hope this is true but I just am wondering what has changed in his mind. Maybe his friends do have more influence over him then we thought. This might be the reason why they always were saying in interviews that Pep would love the way Meeks coached. If so then we have another super feel good Lucas story this year without Smith punching something. :lol:

Archived