• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is going to give Peppers the motivation to try?

I believed he would be back too, I just wasn't happy about it.

And I don't mean you, I mean all the people who were jumping on him a week ago, and our now singing his praises!!

To be honest, no where is it written that he MUST sign his tender? After the tag was done, before the draft, after the draft, before mini-camps or OTA's. None of it was required. So everyone can be pissed off but Peppers was looking out for Peppers.

There were benefits for him and the Panthers for NOT signing it. One and most importantly we could accept anything we wanted in return for him. He signs that Tender and 2 1st rounders are requirement. PERIOD. So I see why he didn't sign. I didn't like it but I saw why.

There were many that didn't agree with Pep and the way he handled it but we as fans have to remember too. ITS A BUSINESS TOO. He and his Agent, whether we liked it or not, did what they thought was right.

I don't see a who lot of wavering from the posters. I don't know how you do it. I cannot remember who said what over the last 4 months. So unless you remember it appears you are sucking up to Jangler (not a bad member to suck up to).

Now I am glad it is over and in 8 months we might be doing it all over again. But 2009 I think Peppers is gonna have fun and before the end of the season he will sign a long term deal and Retire wearing Panther Colors.

You people have absolutely no foundation in your beliefs whatsoever!

I refuse to even accept Peppers as a part of this team until he can prove to me he is a motivated, dedicated player.

That he isn't acting all jolly just so he can turn around and pull this crap next offseason.

If he wants to leave fine, but for him to hang us out to dry like he did isn't something that I'm just gonna let bygones be bygones to.

He screwed this team this offseason, I wanna know he isn't just putting on a show. I want him to step us his game, stop crying about our defense, and play to the best of his God-given abilities.

If he does that there is nothing more I can ask of him.

it's called not holding a grudge. it's called letting go. it's called moving forward. it's called looking forward instead of backward.

there are two attitudes that are going to be prevalent....disdain for him wanting out at all and happiness for him rejoining the fold and a desire to get back to business. one of those will cause peppers to underachieve and will do nothing but encourage discord among the members of the team. the other will help him get back to causing fear in the hearts of QBs and will be good for the team because the fans are behind the teams as a whole.

if the players can get behind this and have been wanting this all along i see no reason why the fans shouldn't either.

if you want to sit there on your high chair and look down on peppers and all those who are welcoming him back go right ahead. i would recommend one thing, though:

meta_smooth_large.jpg

it might make you a little less grumpy.

:lol: I meant the weed is the motivation, with the money I got from the job to buy the weed so I can go to work to earn the money to buy the weed to stay motivated to go to work to earn the money to buy the weed....damn vicious circle.

pretty much...

jon-beason.jpgthis guy having his back

meeks.jpgthis guy leading him

baker.jpgthis guy yelling at him

everettebrown_Wisconsin_v_Florida_State.jpgthis guy on the other side

vince-lombardi-trophy-for-super-bowl-xlii2.jpgand this thing in his future

well, I was going to say Meeks and the new DLine coach should give him motivation, but you were much more creative... lol They sure as hell aren't going to take it easy on him.

:lol: I meant the weed is the motivation, with the money I got from the job to buy the weed so I can go to work to earn the money to buy the weed to stay motivated to go to work to earn the money to buy the weed....damn vicious circle.

it's all making sense.... ;)

He will put up better numbers than last year. Mark it down. He is playing in the best system for him and he knows it. If Freeney can do as well as he has, Peppers could get 20 sacks if he wants to in the same system.

Which reminds me of when Pep said he was a real DE and Freeney wasn't... Funny how Meeks is here now after the fact, could be extra motivation? may be reaching on that one though...

Archived