• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

Proudiddy

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this again next year

Nope 10 day contract, he doesn't want to get too locked in anywhere.

Seriously though I wish the guy the best, despite all the crap the past few seasons I still think he is a great player and want him to succeed.

I'm excited about what a healthy Kobe + Pau combo can do next season. Kobe had to literally force feed Dwight last season since he lacks a single post move. Kobe and Pau is still an elite duo imo. Obviously the defense will be poor next season though :/ 

No they're still over the cap, I think Howard leaving may give them the mid level exception but that's it.  Pau will be the starting C next year, and honestly that's where he's best at anyway....

I'm excited about what a healthy Kobe + Pau combo can do next season. Kobe had to literally force feed Dwight last season since he lacks a single post move. Kobe and Pau is still an elite duo imo. Obviously the defense will be poor next season though :/ 

Welcome to the lottery bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers decide to rebuild, Kobe(35) coming off an achilles injury, Gasol(33) coming of knee surgery, and Nash(40) old and injury prone is not going to challenge anybody in the West.

Lakers era is over, it all started when Jim Buss took over the franchise.

No they're still over the cap, I think Howard leaving may give them the mid level exception but that's it. Pau will be the starting C next year, and honestly that's where he's best at anyway....

Yeah, you're probably good with Pau there... But, who knows, after Bynum's Philly fiasco, he may have whittled himself down to the the MLE. Buss should sign him and pretend Dwight never happened, lol.

Welcome to the lottery bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers decide to rebuild, Kobe(35) coming off an achilles injury, Gasol(33) coming of knee surgery, and Nash(40) old and injury prone is not going to challenge anybody in the West.

Lakers era is over, it all started when Jim Buss took over the franchise.

Eh, it's possible I suppose if everyone is unhealthy next season or has declined rapidly. We went 28-12 to finish the season out last season and that was with injuries to numerous players. Dwight wasn't really a big factor last season other than his defense late in the season when he finally started getting in shape / caring. Obviously we likely aren't competing for a championship, but I'm 99.9% sure that we're making the playoffs if everyone is healthy and themselves.

Archived