• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

Proudiddy

I just watched the SportsCenter live and apparently this was a mistake by the reporters. ESPN said Dwight never made a decision to sign with the Rockets and that both Houston/LA never received a answer from Dwight.

ESPN simply jumped the gun and made it breaking news. You can tell they made a mistake because the 3 insiders said Dwight never made a decision. It's to bad because they made Dwight look like a fool again.

Poor Guy.

ESPN also said or inferred that his inner circle are the ones that leaked he was signing with the Rockets, then his agent came out and said no decision had been made. Just as it was in Orlando, his advisors/close friends are apparently the problem.

And it was actually USA Today that broke the story. On Sportscenter, Broussard said the Houston thing was leaked because Dwight's people wanted to break the news on their own terms but it was made impossible because the amount of teams involved. I guess teams started leaking the news that he told them no and Dwight's people tried to leak the team before it got narrowed down for them.

Exactly so where did the rumor come from that Dwight agreed to sign with Houston?

Even the Rockets GM said Dwight didn't give them a decision.

Some reporter just made Dwight look like a fool again. Sam Amico should be fired for releasing false info on another player.

Now Dwight will take another PR hit for being indecisive even though he never made a commitment to sign with Houston.

The only reason Amico made the report is someone from Dwight's camp told him it was Houston.  Dwight has nobody to blame for this but himself and the people he lets into his decision making process....

I guess I just don't understand why people get so emotional about these things. Even if it wasn't the media's fault and he is trying to make a decision but changed his mind. I don't think that makes him a horrible person. It might make him.look foolish but between this and the irrational Lebron hate over the decision why do people get so worked up over this poo?

ESPN also said or inferred that his inner circle are the ones that leaked he was signing with the Rockets, then his agent came out and said no decision had been made. Just as it was in Orlando, his advisors/close friends are apparently the problem.

And it was actually USA Today that broke the story. On Sportscenter, Broussard said the Houston thing was leaked because Dwight's people wanted to break the news on their own terms but it was made impossible because the amount of teams involved. I guess teams started leaking the news that he told them no and Dwight's people tried to leak the team before it got narrowed down for them.

Yeah if I was Dwight I would hire a new team and agent.

I guess I just don't understand why people get so emotional about these things. Even if it wasn't the media's fault and he is trying to make a decision but changed his mind. I don't think that makes him a horrible person. It might make him.look foolish but between this and the irrational Lebron hate over the decision why do people get so worked up over this poo?

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

And if you wanted to give Dwight the benefit of the doubt and say the media jumped the gun and said he was signing with the Rockets, when he didn't, so it wasn't his fault... We then have the "50-50" report, and then Dwight comes out himself and says he signing with the Rockets an hour later, lol.

I've never understood the Lebron hate over "The Decision." Now, if people want to hate him forever because he signed with two other great players? Have at it. But, he actually did the hour-long special at the behest of his people, and he paid dearly for it in the court of public opinion, despite donating all the money from it to charity.

Dwight did himself in with the whole "isn't that right, Stan?" interview in which he got exposed for being a manipulative, fraudulent, wishy-washy biatch who was trying to get his coach fired even though he never planned on staying in Orlando anyway. He's done quite the job of cultivating himself into such an unlikeable person.

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year. 

I think Dwight will be a changed man this year. To me he did what Lebron James did choose the best situation to win. He turned down 30 mil to leave the LA and the Lakers. People forget Dwight Howard was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA a couple of years ago. I think he knows the only way to repair his image is to win a championship. I think he will get back to being the dominant force he was in Orlando.

I'm picking Houston to win it all next year.

No doubt, they're going to be a contender out of the West, but he just needs to stay away from the media this year and play his game.

Archived