• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwight Howard Confirms He Signs with Rockets

Proudiddy

Asik and Lin are on the same contract. It averages at 8 million a season but the actual breakdown is 5 this season 11 the next. It is a bad contract in the final year for both guys but less so Asik because he doesn't completely suck.

But that's why he comes off as so shallow and for lack of a better word, DUMB. Just an hour ago we had him going to the Rockets and being "completely put off" by the Lakers because he doesn't like D'Antoni, his coaching style, and/or Kobe... So now you say, "wait, I might've made a mistake because they can give me 30M more even though I've let it be known I hate everyone there, but pretend you didn't hear that." What a dick.

I like this tweet

“@NatePlay60: Dwight Howard expected to receive the same sentence as Aaron Hernandez after he kills a third NBA franchise.”

And this

“@TheFakeESPN: After mulling it over at length, Dwight Howard finally makes decision... chooses to get barbacoa in his Chipotle burrito.”

“@TheFakeESPN: ESPN scraps version of The Decision for Dwight Howard after only getting footage of him shrugging his shoulders.”

Asik and Lin are on the same contract. It averages at 8 million a season but the actual breakdown is 5 this season 11 the next. It is a bad contract in the final year for both guys but less so Asik because he doesn't completely suck.

Yeah I wasn't familiar with Asik's but I know when they signed Lin, I kept hearing the last year referred to as a "poison pill" of sorts.

I just watched the SportsCenter live and apparently this was a mistake by the reporters. ESPN said Dwight never made a decision to sign with the Rockets and that both Houston/LA never received a answer from Dwight.

ESPN simply jumped the gun and made it breaking news. You can tell they made a mistake because the 3 insiders said Dwight never made a decision. It's to bad because they made Dwight look like a fool again. 

Poor Guy.

Lol, as I said...

UPDATE: apparently, in true D12 fashion, Howard's agent told Yahoo! Sports that he has not finalized his decision.

Exactly so where did the rumor come from that Dwight agreed to sign with Houston?

Even the Rockets GM said Dwight didn't give them a decision.

Some reporter just made Dwight look like a fool again. Sam Amico should be fired for releasing false info on another player.

Now Dwight will take another PR hit for being indecisive even though he never made a commitment to sign with Houston.

I'm not blaming Dwight for this one. It was all media.

When the original report came out, the Rocket's FO evens said that Dwight hadn't informed them of anything and neither had the Lakers. The media is trying to get the big scoop by using friend of a friend of Dwight's 2nd cousin as sources.

My fault, I meant to mention Lin as well and for some reason I thought Asik's contract was in the double-digit millions per year. I remembered Lin signed a notoriously bad contract last year, which is why the Knicks didn't want to match... So, I'm sure they'll have a much harder time moving him. Asik's at 8M is a really good value, IMO but, I don't see the Hawks wanting him or Lin for some reason.

If the Knicks/ Bulls matched the offers Houston made, they would have had that weird structure ($5 mil in seasons 1 and 2, $15 in 3).  But since they didnt match, Houston actually gets them on a normal contract at $8 mil/ year or so. 

I'm not really sure why, but its true

Archived