• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers signed his tender (per WFNZ)

PanthersAlv

Yeah, the FO was never bothered when their star defensive player stayed away from the team, went silent for months, and missed whatever scheduled camps they held. They took it all in stride, right...get real.

Hurney played this out incredibly well and was confident through out the process. And now he is totally justified in his approach.

Again give me one shred of evidence to back up your point or like usual you got nothing but speculation.

Seriously...all you Trade mongers need to get a clue.

All the guy did was try to get the best deal he could. He knew that if he didn't get traded or extend that he would get tagged and get $17M so he tested the waters. Business is business.

Now it is all on Pep to go and prove it this year on the field...otherwise his asking price will only drop if he underperforms.

They knew from the beginning what the outcome would be and stated it from the beginning. Some fans were hurt and didn't believe it. It is what it is. Next year will either be uncapped or a raised cap, so we may franchise him again if he doesn't sign long term, causing another rash of BS from those same fans. The fact is that the Panthers think he's worth the bucks or they wouldn't have signed him, learn to deal with it or stay mad with it, it won't change reality... The same may apply next year.

It seems like they think it's their money he's being paid. Once you paid for that ticket, that beer, that hot dog, it was no longer your money, It was Jerry Richardsons money and up to him how he spends it, you no longer have a say. Silly Rabbitt, Trix are for kids...

:D

Talk about a 180 in opinion! :lol:

Anyone else think this whole mess was a complete waste of time?

Think about how many posts this subject spawned for the last five months. What else would we have wasted time talking about??

Hurney played this out incredibly well and was confident through out the process. And now he is totally justified in his approach.

Again give me one shred of evidence to back up your point or like usual you got nothing but speculation.

So Hurney wasn't frustrated over the situation because he didn't release a public statement saying he was frustrated? k, got it.

Man it's about to be a dangerous Year for the South. Them Two Monsters playn DE. Sounds like Pain to the QB's to me..

I seriously hope every offensive coordinator in the NFC South, except ours :D , and NFC East and AFC East is crying in their soup. :thumbsup:

He didn't make me go through anything.

Me either. I said it before, too many were thinking it was like a fire sale. :crazy:

Yeah, the FO was never bothered when their star defensive player stayed away from the team, went silent for months, and missed whatever scheduled camps they held. They took it all in stride, right...get real.

Hey! Mega-whatever! If he pulls a Michael Strahan, missing ota's and making training camp, and we win a Super Bowl like the Giants did that same year....... :coolgleamA:

I will be the loudest person cheering at BoA when they introduce Peppers! I promise!!

...Its ok that he finally signed the tender but its not ideal. We are the only ones that think he is a freakish talent or some other team would have taken him off our hands. Im hoping the reason he doesnt want to be here, the reason he never made big plays when it counted, got blocked by rookies single handedly and dropped back into coverage a rediculous amount of times was due to Turdo. I'm really hanging my hat on Meeks turning this D around and giving us a new attitude, maximizing Peps talent and to use him effectively.

The bullpoo we suffered through came from the bitchers and whiners and talking heads not Peppers or the front office. Hurney told you what he was going to do right away and Peppers after shooting off his mouth said nothing at all for months. This unfolded just as the Panthers thought it would.

The bull poo was all the posters who constantly whined about cap room and holdouts and all the other crap.

Let me guess, now we will see a hundred posts about how we paid so much and how he will underperform and have a bad year! Right???

Maybe we can get sereneaded with constant whining after each game about the fact that we paid him a million dollars and he got no sacks.

I hope we can get spared the 10 pages of posts and lets see what he does on the field unless the same folks want to make a career about being wrong!!

Oh, I know who you are talking about now. the :beatdeadhorse5:

Carry on.

I'm in wait-and-see land for the moment.. not getting excited, not getting upset. once we see how he does through the preseason and first four games, then I'll make a judgment call on whether or not I'm glad he's back. This isn't any animosity speaking here either... I just want to see how he does under new tutelage, and his response to fan attention/anger he's earned for himself with his few media comments.

If he does stay though, I'd like to see him sign a long-term before TC, so we can afford to bring in some much needed cast-off depth by then. Finding a diamond in the rough seems to be a specialty of Fox's tenure, and we can't even go deep into the coal mine unless he signs a cap-friendly extension. Sure, it can be done, but it would be a hell of a lot easier if he did lower his price tag.

And as far as I remember, Pep has always worked out in the offseason in Arizona. Hasn't he? This is just the first year that he's missed OTAs is all.

:iagree:

Archived