• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers signed his tender (per WFNZ)

PanthersAlv

This has been the smartest move he has done the whole off season. Now he can get a full TC and go ahead and get his playbook so he can start learning. I really think Meeks will help Peppers reach that next level if he lets him.

I'm in wait-and-see land for the moment.. not getting excited, not getting upset. once we see how he does through the preseason and first four games, then I'll make a judgment call on whether or not I'm glad he's back. This isn't any animosity speaking here either... I just want to see how he does under new tutelage, and his response to fan attention/anger he's earned for himself with his few media comments.

If he does stay though, I'd like to see him sign a long-term before TC, so we can afford to bring in some much needed cast-off depth by then. Finding a diamond in the rough seems to be a specialty of Fox's tenure, and we can't even go deep into the coal mine unless he signs a cap-friendly extension. Sure, it can be done, but it would be a hell of a lot easier if he did lower his price tag.

And as far as I remember, Pep has always worked out in the offseason in Arizona. Hasn't he? This is just the first year that he's missed OTAs is all.

Hell, even if he ends up signing a long term deal that makes him the highest paid DE in the league (which is what they offered him in the first place), it would still give the Panthers some major cap relief in the short term. The only drawback is that the Panthers will now have the Albert Haynesworth deal to compete with. Thanks a lot Redskins.

You would be correct sir...

You should have heard the 4:00 ESPN radio show gushing about the Panthers now that Peppers has signed on and they have Everett drafted with the running game and Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme signed to a long term deal so he can have the confidence that the team believes in him. They used the term beast and definitely gave the impression that they think the Panthers are a lock to take a difficult division this year...

Wonder if they added a clause that he cant be franchised next season?

Apparently not...http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/peppers-signs-franchise-tender/101e144a-68c7-4050-80c9-622f971aa0ca

Hurney added that there was nothing that would preclude the Panthers from placing the franchise tag on Peppers again next year if they saw fit.

"It's the standard contract for his tender. There are no contingencies, no promise to not franchise him or whatever," Hurney said.

I want to know where all the "Peppers is going to hold out" fools are. We had to put up with 100s of posts going on and on about how Peppers was in the driver's seat and how well they were handling it and all that crap.

Now we see that Peppers did just what most of us said he would, come back after signing his tender acting like everything was cool and fine.

Lets see some folks eat some crow and man up that they were clueless.

You know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived