• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers signed his tender (per WFNZ)

PanthersAlv

Hurney: Peppers signing not prelude to a trade

Just got off a conference call with Carolina general manager Marty Hurney, who discussed Julius Peppers signing his one-year tender as the franchise player.

Before the conspiracy theorists get rolling, Hurney said this move was not a prelude to the Panthers turning around and trading Peppers.

"We want Julius Peppers here," Hurney said. "This one-year contract was signed with the intention of him coming to training camp on Aug. 2 with the Carolina Panthers."

I'll be back with analysis in a bit, but wanted to share that part of the call with you.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-107/Hurney--Peppers-signing-not-prelude-to-a-trade.html

Well that ends the speculation. Hes not going anywhere.

Hurney: Peppers signing not prelude to a trade

Just got off a conference call with Carolina general manager Marty Hurney, who discussed Julius Peppers signing his one-year tender as the franchise player.

Before the conspiracy theorists get rolling, Hurney said this move was not a prelude to the Panthers turning around and trading Peppers.

"We want Julius Peppers here," Hurney said. "This one-year contract was signed with the intention of him coming to training camp on Aug. 2 with the Carolina Panthers."

I'll be back with analysis in a bit, but wanted to share that part of the call with you.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-12-107/Hurney--Peppers-signing-not-prelude-to-a-trade.html

Well that ends the speculation. Hes not going anywhere.

..and thats the way it should be.

Why would you want to trade a 10+ SACK DE ?

Here we are with a few questions at our D Line and you guys want to get rid of one our best assets. Peppers working a year with Everette Brown could only be good for our team for this year and the future.

As far as Peppers now signing a multiyear deal. I don't think so. Why ? He has 17 to 19 mill coming this year. He can slow play that as he has everything else and see how much he likes Meeks and his new scheme.

He wanted to go elsewhere which is what he has done in the interim spending time Arizona instead of here in OTA's and the like. Now that TC is the next he is on board. He has taken all of this at his own pace. I say well done from his point of view.

Made the fans nervous but we'll get over it. Except a few Whiney wienies

Archived