• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers signed his tender (per WFNZ)

PanthersAlv

Could be, but where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, going into the 2007 season. I know this team is better than the 2007 team but its still a thought.

Well, that's why I said could... the starters coming back is really good... having good backups, which we do for the most part is great... keeping injuries at bay is where it's really at in the NFL.

Peppers' agent, Carl Carey, told the Observer that : "Julius is more than satisfied with the outcome and is prepared and ready to play football."

Carey said a statement from Peppers was forthcoming in which Peppers said he'd had "positive and productive" conversations with the Panthers and that he was "optimistic" about the upcoming season.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/06/peppers-signs-offer-sheet-to-play-for-panthers.html

Peppers will be perhaps the highest paid player in the league with a contract that could pay him up to $19.183 million this season. He has a guaranteed $16.683 million base salary -- the amount of his offer sheet as a franchise free agent -- plus an incentive of $1.5 million if he makes the Pro Bowl and $250,000 per each playoff win up to and including the Super Bowl.

The incentives carry over from Peppers' contract from last season.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/06/peppers-signs-offer-sheet-to-play-for-panthers.html

peppers better start training camp running with the 2s

You say that like it would be some kind of punishment. There is probably a good chance that he will be with the 2's for a short time, but that's only because he's behind everybody else in this new scheme.

Archived