• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers signed his tender (per WFNZ)

PanthersAlv

you can believe that there is a winner all you want and relate it to antiquated gaming too if it makes you giddy but the truth of the matter is that nobody won here. Not yet. The effort on the field will prove if this decision was a good one or not and not until then can anyone intelligently claim one side or the other as achieving even an upper hand much less victory.

Try again. Get back to us when you are ready.

Bit sour in the grapes, are we? :lol:

If we go back over your discussions and predictions about this, little if anything of what you predicted has come about. You said they'd never get him in here and willing to play again, said that the franchise tag was a bad move, etc. And you were one of the few who believed that Carey actually had what it took to eventually get Peppers out of town.

But in the end, the tag worked exactly as it was designed to. Peppers is back, tail between his legs, just as guys like Gantt said he would be.

Will Peppers turn out to be a beast or a burden? That part is still in question.

But who won the staredown/poker game between Marty Hurney and Carl Carey? That result is known, and in the end it wasn't even a contest.

Bit sour in the grapes, are we? :lol:

If we go back over your discussions and predictions about this, little if anything of what you predicted has come about. You said they'd never get him in here and willing to play again, said that the franchise tag was a bad move, etc. And you were one of the few who believed that Carey actually had what it took to eventually get Peppers out of town.

But in the end, the tag worked exactly as it was designed to. Peppers is back, tail between his legs, just as guys like Gantt said he would be.

Will Peppers turn out to be a beast or a burden? That part is still in question.

But who won the staredown/poker game between Marty Hurney and Carl Carey? That result is known, and in the end it wasn't even a contest.

the phrase "peppers is back" is highly speculative unless you consider just seeing hi on the sideline in a panther uni a positive

the tag was a bad move or at least at the time had too much risk associated with it. Risk that is STILL there unless a long term deal or trade works out.

some other flunkies have already searched a thousand posts to find where i said he would "never come back" and failed because that suggestion by you and some other douche is, well, a lie.

again. I said take your time.

Wish I could say the same for you, hypocrite. :rolleyes:

i know you are a little slow but I thought you should have picked up on the sarcasm. It's not like I really veiled it all that much.

Just try to incorporate you smart remarks into the thread and there will not be a risk of getting that confused again.

the phrase "peppers is back" is highly speculative unless you consider just seeing hi on the sideline in a panther uni a positive

the tag was a bad move or at least at the time had too much risk associated with it. Risk that is STILL there unless a long term deal or trade works out.

some other flunkies have already searched a thousand posts to find where i said he would "never come back" and failed because that suggestion by you and some other douche is, well, a lie.

again. I said take your time.

I guess it depends on what your definition of the word "is" is :lol:

(previous post shown here highlighted your own words well enough to show your error)

Bottom Line: The tag did exactly what it was supposed to do. you can try to spin it any way you want, but in the end that's what it comes down to. They wanted him, they got him. Game, set, match.

i know you are a little slow but I thought you should have picked up on the sarcasm. It's not like I really veiled it all that much.

Just try to incorporate you smart remarks into the thread and there will not be a risk of getting that confused again.

Wish you were smart enough to understand that I did get your sarcasm.

Oh well!

If you want to decide who came out on top, you have to look at the goal of the two ( Panthers, Hurney vs Peppers, Carey )

Panthers and Hurneys goal = Get Peppers signed either long term or the tag = Goal reached = They Won

Peppers and Careys goal = Get Peppers out of town = Goal not reached = They lose.

Simple as that.. Like it or not.

(previous post shown here highlighted your own words well enough to show your error)

Bottom Line: The tag did exactly what it was supposed to do. you can try to spin it any way you want, but in the end that's what it comes down to. They wanted him, they got him. Game, set, match.

Mr. Scot, I hate to do this...

Let's look at who profited the most from the process. Yes, the Panthers got Julius back for the year and made it look, from the outside, that they pwned him. But Julius is 16.7 million dollars richer for the year and can then sign a long term contract next year that will be huge. So who made out better? Maybe they're not so dumb as we think they are...

depends on what your definition of the word "him" is. No spinning necessary.

There was no mistake

klumme.

not at this point nor any other in the foreseeable future do you know what the goals were for either party or how those goals adjsuted when moves were made on the other side. neither do any of us. But if simplifying it to that extent helps you, stick with it.

I hear you Mint, but they did offer him that big deal after his worst season which seems to support the idea that they are the "winners" as far as their wanting to keep him vs his desire to leave.

No doubt about that, but maybe both sides won? Now I don't really believe Carey and Julius are that savy, I'm just offering another scenario...

A lot of that will be decided based upon when a long term deal is done. If before the season and his franchise deal is reduced, then it's the Panthers that won, but if it's not until after the season, then...

klumme.

not at this point nor any other in the foreseeable future do you know what the goals were for either party or how those goals adjsuted when moves were made on the other side. neither do any of us. But if simplifying it to that extent helps you, stick with it.

Sure i don't. But the goals was said to be the aforementioned. I wont discus "ifs"

Mr. Scot, I hate to do this...

Let's look at who profited the most from the process. Yes, the Panthers got Julius back for the year and made it look, from the outside, that they pwned him. But Julius is 16.7 million dollars richer for the year and can then sign a long term contract next year that will be huge. So who made out better? Maybe they're not so dumb as we think they are...

Yes and no.

Is he getting paid handsomely? Yes, but that's the price the Panthers were willing to pay, so you can't really say they lose here either, at least not at this point.

What happens from here? Couple of possibilities:

- The Panthers could sign him to a long term deal this year (would have to happen by July 15th). This is the best case scenario for the team, as it locks him up and gets them cap relief.

- Peppers could play out this year on the tender deal and either agree to an extension later on or opt to go through this whole scenario again next offseason. This one's 50-50, as they get his services this season but next year we're back to square one.

Either way, the looming possibility of a holdout, training camp absence and missed time in the new scheme is completely gone, and that's a big win for the team.

Of course, whether he turns out to be worth the deal will be determined by his play. That part is unpredictable. You can make an educated guess that peppers in Meeks system could be the monster it's always thought he would be, and that's not a sure thing.

But is it a reasonable prediction? I'd say yes.

Sure i don't. But the goals was said to be the aforementioned. I wont discus "ifs"

so by what the said goals were at the very beginning when Pep said he would like a new start somewhere else and Marty said (eventually with the tag) no we want Pep in Charlotte the end result is a victory (wow) for Marty because Pep is for the time being a Carolina Panther.

Is that where you stand on this? Is that the point you are trying to make here?

Archived