• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgestone e6 golf ball

SCP

How'd the tourney go SCP?

We got spanked. One of my foursome cracked a beer at 8:30 and he was worthless by the 4th hole. We couldn't make a putt to save our lives so at the turn i started pounding beers. It was a good time though so all wasn't lost.

What type of clubs does everyone hit? I tend to struggle with my follow through and with my low irons.. I am very good with my Nike Mach Speed driver and can hit it around 315 but I literally cannot hit an iron, I actually opt to use hybrids and fairway woods instead of irons. Does anyone have any advice about which complete set has relatively easy irons to hit?

What type of clubs does everyone hit? I tend to struggle with my follow through and with my low irons.. I am very good with my Nike Mach Speed driver and can hit it around 315 but I literally cannot hit an iron, I actually opt to use hybrids and fairway woods instead of irons. Does anyone have any advice about which complete set has relatively easy irons to hit?

I hit mizuno irons which i had fitted. they are decent but I am hitting the hybrids more and more. I have the 3 and 4 superfast burners and will add the 5 as well. It's to the extent that I will hit a lazy 4H instead of a 6 iron

Some team shot 120.  I can't believe that... some creative accounting going on there imo.

I played in the member guest at the club a few weeks ago and there is one guy that is the most notorious sandbagger. He and his teammate shot -10 in the practice round (best net score on each hole) which won that by around 6 strokes. Then they won their flight easily. And not humble about it. You just lose all respect for people like that.

Not that we were ever in it. We had bloody marys at 8:30 each day.

I play TM Burner 2.0 irons, 4-PW with the AW and SW. I have a Titleist Vokey 60* lob wedge and a Odyssey center shafted putter. I habe a Nike 21* hybrid and a Superfast 9.5* driver with a X stiff shaft and a Superfast 3 wood with a stiff shaft.

I'm with HP, why sandbag and lie about your game and scoring? Eventually you'll be found out...

if your hitting your driver 315 you shouldn't be hitting any long irons.

if you hit hybrids good...........replace irons w/ hybrids.

sounds to me like you just need to learn to hit the PW.

if your hitting your driver 315 you shouldn't be hitting any long irons.

if you hit hybrids good...........replace irons w/ hybrids.

sounds to me like you just need to learn to hit the PW.

I only play whites...

I have been using my dads old clubs that are senior flex, but I can't hit them because I always over rotateI finally bought a Nike Mach Speed Driver, an R7 fairway wood, and a few Adams tight lies...

I tend to just take a lot off the fairway woods and not play with my irons, but I'd really like to find a set of irons that are fairly easy to hit.

I can literally get 80-100 yards within the green, but I can't hit my long irons so I just take a bunch off my swing (which is what I have to do with senior flex clubs anyway) with fairway woods.

Everybody is different... you just need to go hit some irons and see which you like best.  I would definitely suggest getting rid of those clubs with the senior flex shafts... unless you have a really slow swing speed, that's not helping you at all.  You're probably having to modify your swing to hit them properly.

Archived