• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen....

Cyclonus

Dude blows it on this one (mostly)...he should do more research....then he'd know that the Blackbird, Space Shuttle and Concorde are located at the Smithsonian A&S museum annex out in Dulles, VA by Dulles airport. I say mostly because he's right about walking out to a airplane graveyard with high mountains in the background. It's nowhere near barren out by Dulles as it shows in the movie.

7. Sam, Mikaela, and Simmons (John Turturro) go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. to find Jetfire. Then they walk out the back onto a wide open field with old planes and mountains in the distance. When did the National Mall start to look so much like to Tucson, AZ (where they really filmed that scene)?

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but I gotta say it.

Its fiction guys. It never holds itself out to be anything but a made up story of people and yes places that don't exist, or at least not like they do in the real world. As long as the story is consistent within itself then - no harm no foul.

That's the point though...it wasn't consistent within itself. You can make a movie that's fictional and still maintain a sense of logic. I mean, if I shot a beach scene at the north pole and tried to play it off as south beach, could I get away with it by saying, "ah, c'mon, it's just fiction"?

But your quote pointing out that the A&S Museum is in DC and the airplane graveyard is in Tucson is an attempt to impose the reality of this world on the fictitious world of the movie.

the story is fictitious but the locations aren't...it's set here on earth in our current time. people not familiar with this area probably wouldn't know what the geography outside the A&S museum looks like (though it would be odd to have an airplane graveyard outside what is a fairly brand spanking new museum), so it's not a huge deal....this A&S museum point in the guy's criticism was minor to me, and in fact I did point out that it was partly wrong because his claim was that it didn't look like downtown DC and the Mall at all.

NOW...having said all that. Do you know what IS right outside the A&S annex at Dulles? A bunch of runways with CONSTANT commercial airliner traffic. That could have been MUCH more interesting than walking through an airplane graveyard.

in sort, I have much less of a problem with the A&S museum stuff than most everything else the guy pointed out.

criticizing Transformers for anything plot related is like going to a steakhouse and giving it a bad review because the raspberry vinaigrette on your salad was too tart.

Wow...what a shitty analogy.

Sounds like you wouldn't give a bad review to a steakhouse that gave you a flank steak even though you ordered a porterhouse. I mean, what's the big deal.

Megan Fox is an idiot. She was quoted saying:

I mean, I can’t s— on this movie because it did give me a career and open all these doors for me. But I don’t want to blow smoke up People’s a–. People are well aware that this is not a movie about acting.

Which the director obviously got pissed at. Great way to start your career by downplaying the movie that made you a star. Even being true you don't have to say it publicly, dumbass. She'll be an afterthought 5 years down the road even though she's smoking.

Archived