• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen....

Cyclonus

Well they seem pretty damn accurate with those things.

and LOL @ the jordanians, a lot of help they were.

As I've said, you can't ask questions about this movie. Because then you'll see below the surface of the explosions and robots and realize just how ridiculous it was.

I just cannot see this movie - if we keep supporting empty effects movies with terrible characters and dialog, that's all the studios are going to give us. Michael Bay is also a terrible, terrible moviemaker. I had such high hopes for Pearl Harbor and he gave me Titanic with digital Zeroes.

As I've said, you can't ask questions about this movie. Because then you'll see below the surface of the explosions and robots and realize just how ridiculous it was.

It was a movie. About alien robots. Who transform. Based on toys. Of course it's gonna be ridiculous at it's root. I can just turn off my brain and enjoy it like I've wanted to for 20 years.

It was a movie. About alien robots. Who transform. Based on toys. Of course it's gonna be ridiculous at it's root. I can just turn off my brain and enjoy it like I've wanted to for 20 years.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's when you turn ON your brain, like Kurb was attempting to do by questioning a plot point, where you run into trouble.

why is there a transformer that looks like a human? why don't they all just do that?

seriously, who the fug are all these robots? if random unknown characters with important roles contributes to making "the room" pooty, doesn't it make this pooty? fundamental writing problem

why does jetfire leave at all? where the fug did he have to go just to come back and save the day?

why did all these people have to split up to run to optimus? they all arrive at the same place at the same time don't they? why are his parents even there?

half an hour after they reached egypt i suddenly thought NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. no one important was dying, no one was achieving anything, things were just blowing up and shia was running across the desert. this went on for so long without any progression in story whatsoever. you might be half-retarded if you didn't notice/weren't bothered by this

Transformers 3 should be just Megan Fox and that Isabel chick making out for 2 hours. That would make up for this.

btw i loved Transformers 1, but this...sucked.

We saw it this afternoon...gave the kid a treat and sprung for it in IMAX. Best thing I can say about that is that it's great to see a flick on a screen so huge...all in all, I don't think the PQ is really that much better than a regular projection (even less so when compared to DLP projection....yes, I know IMAX is projected by DLP). Surprisingly the theater had no one checking tickets at the door to the specific theaters. Just one guy up front checking tickets. Once you got by him you could go into any theater you wanted. I coulda paid for the regular showing and saved myself some caysh of the increased price of the IMAX showing. Just under $40 for 2 adult and 1 kid's tickets.

Was surprised to see the theater packed for a 1245 showing on a Saturday afternoon...we ended up getting there about 1230 which annoyed me a bit because I know we wouldn't get a very good selection of where to sit. I like to be at least 30 mins early so I can sit dead center...but the wife can't be early for anything (she'll probably be late to her own funeral...not that I'll be around to see that).

Anyway, to the movie.

1) It was lonnnngggggg. 2 and a half hours.

2) Like the first one, everything moves in fuging hyperspeed and you don't get to see poo in the way of detail on the gobots. It's just a big mish-mash of extreme closeups and fast action that might as well be a blur.

3) Megan Fox was unbelievably frickin' hot...especially near the end when she's takes the dress shirt off and is only in whatever kind of shirt that was underneath. Director has PLENTY of slo-mo shots of her running, bewbs a bouncing away. Ooh, fah!

4) Coulda done with less of the sexual stuff...the producers of this movie absolutely know this movie is gonna appeal to kids (and a ton of little ones at that). No real need to include all the sexually suggestive stuff. The dogs are humping, the robots are humping. A lot more cursing in this one too...also not needed considering the demographic this plays too. The showing we went to was easily 50% little kids and I'd bet my left nut that's not unusual at all.

5) All in all though I didn't think it was too bad. My 11 year old son thought it was the best thing he'd seen since the first Transformers movie. Wife liked it too but she rarely sees any blockbuster type movie and comes out saying it sucked.

Archived