• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favre to be at Vikings TC

Sources: Rotoworld per WCCO Minnesota

WCCO Minnesota reports that free agent Brett Favre will be at Vikings training camp in Mankato at the end of July, "barring some unforeseen major physical setback."

Confirming Sunday's speculation, a source tells the news station that the Vikings and Favre already have a contract agreement. The deal is reportedly "heavy" on incentives and the Vikes have formally ordered No. 4 jerseys with Favre's name on the back. That's John David Booty's number. Not anymore.

Sources: Rotoworld per WCCO Minnesota

Date: July 31

WCCO Minnesota reports that new Vikings QB Brett Favre, who just last week signed a one year, $6 Million contract threw his shoulder out in practice this morning.

Fans watching outside the fences reported seeing Favre wincing in pain after every throw, shouting "Awwww. Muh arm hurts!". John Madden then called Vikings coach Brad Childress on the spot and asked if he needed to rush to the training camp site in order to support his boy, which Childress responded "You don't fly, you take a bus. By the time you get here training camp is going to be over".

We play the Vikings week 15. At that point, Favre's arm will resemble something between tapioca pudding and strawberry jello. Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and write in a W there.

In the words of Toby Keith;

"I aint as good as I once was, but I'm AS GOOD ONCE as I ever was"

As much as folks hate Farve, I watched his old ass torch our team in GB in 07

i WILL be happy to get out of that one with a win......

Farve will have a lot of things that he hasent in a LONG time;

RB-WR- & DEFENSE-

RB-WR- & DEFENSE-

Thomas Jones and Leon Washington were a pretty good combination, and while the Jets' wide receivers were mediocre so are the Vikings' wide outs... As far as defense, yeah the Vikings have a better one for sure.

In the words of Toby Keith;

"I aint as good as I once was, but I'm AS GOOD ONCE as I ever was"

As much as folks hate Farve, I watched his old ass torch our team in GB in 07

Is that really saying a lot? He was playing against Vinny Testaverde. David Garrard and Joey Harrington lit us up too when Vinny was in the lineup.

i WILL be happy to get out of that one with a win......

RB-WR- & DEFENSE-

If you define a long time as 2007, sure. Ryan Grant nearly ran for 1000 yards in about a half of a season of starting, and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. Greg Jennings has averaged about 1100 yards and scored 21 TDs in the last two years (despite missing 3 games). Donald Driver has been over 1000 yards for the last five years. Green Bay's defense in 2007 was 6th in the NFL in points allowed per game (11th in yards per game).

Archived