• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everette Brown: Diamond in the Rough

Kettle

Personally, I love that he was picked without using any of our 2009 picks. He is a first round quality back that we got a full year early and for a 2nd round price.

Schweet Deal!

We do not have him for a 2nd round price just yet. So much has been said about him being 1st round talent that I see a long and brutal negotiation with his agent.

Just hope he does not hold out.

Exactly and it was the same with Jeff Otah i mean in all actuality what is stoping us from trading the next years first every season?

Well it is something you would only want to do when there is a clear need on our side and/or a prospect who has fallen way below perceived value in the draft.

I'm hoping that if Peppers maintains his desire to leave that he have banner year and we can get back some draft picks for him.

Yes, MadHatter I got a little ahead myself on the 2nd round price bit :o

Everette will beat OT's with speed. OT's will beat him with their superior strength and mass.

The key for Everette, will be to get the burst and leverage without any off-sides penalties. If he get's stood up, he's done for that play, although his persistence can easily wear out the bigger and less athletic tackles by the 4th quarter. In general, he doesn't want to engage the tackles, he wants to drive right past them.

Having him beside Lewis is a little worrisome, because Lewis is also a little undersized. Seems like the two could get rolled a bit, by fullback types.

Everette will beat OT's with speed. OT's will beat him with their superior strength and mass.

The key for Everette, will be to get the burst and leverage without any off-sides penalties. If he get's stood up, he's done for that play, although his persistence can easily wear out the bigger and less athletic tackles by the 4th quarter. In general, he doesn't want to engage the tackles, he wants to drive right past them.

Having him beside Lewis is a little worrisome, because Lewis is also a little undersized. Seems like the two could get rolled a bit, by fullback types.

A good point. I haven't thought about that. We won't know till TC or game time. Charles Johnson isn't that tall either and was similarly passed over. We have a very good rotation of DE's Peppers included w/o Pep just average.

Brown is a good example of how some teams put FAR too much stock into measurables and not anywhere near enough into watching how a player performs.

Williams wasn't the most physically gifted back in his class and arguably that's why he fell, but he's doing a lot better than Moroney up in New England.

The same can be said of Kalil, probably undersized for a centre, too short, not really big enough in the shoulders and now along with Mangold probably the best young centre in the NFL.

It pays to put stock in film.

We do not have him for a 2nd round price just yet. So much has been said about him being 1st round talent that I see a long and brutal negotiation with his agent.

Just hope he does not hold out.

Yes, they will try to put out that "should have been a first round pick" but it won't fly. He was a 43 pick and contracts are pretty close to set in stone as to where you're drafted. Don't imagine there will be too much controversy over signing him...

Yes, they will try to put out that "should have been a first round pick" but it won't fly. He was a 43 pick and contracts are pretty close to set in stone as to where you're drafted. Don't imagine there will be too much controversy over signing him...

What the holdout will be about (if there is one) is that the Panthers traded a 1st for him so therefore they value him as a 1st rounder. I agree with you though they really don't have a leg to stand on.

If Peppers comes back and Johnson and Brayton rotate on the left side, I wouldn't expect to see him all that much. I could be wrong and he could have a great TC but I really doubt he will be a starter or even see all that much playing time this year.

I think he'll see lots of reps on 3rd and long early on. I'd love to see him against pass happy teams even more often. I think he is Brees' worst nightmare if their run offense is absent. Give the guy some confidence early on and you have years to reap the benefits. Get him in the rotation! Trial by fire!

I have watched some video on this guy and I gotta tell you his 1st step is amazing. He seems motivated and he could be that pick everyone marvels about 4 or 5 years from now. Seeing him and Peppers line up together could make up for an exciting period in Panther history (Providing Pep changes his mind)

I like our depth at DE, Peppers, Johnson, Brayton, Brown and Taylor is pretty nice. If we can get some help from the DT's we might get significant pressure on the QB.

Archived