• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Underrated, Double Trouble Overrated according to everyone's favorite CBS Sportswriter

Our RB's are underused not overrated. Stewart is a top 10 back on any other team. They are still by far the most talented back field in the game. The struggle is balancing their carries with the passing game and Cam's running threat as well.

This is 100% accurate.

They are a nasty RB duo. They are just overpaid and under used for the scheme that we are likely to run. This is not their fault, but is Hurney's fault.

I believe we will run much more this season and they will prove to be very valuable. You could justify one if them at their cap hit...just not both.

A QB that throws into the ground when he has an open receiver, and can not win in the 4th quarter is not " under rated " ..Doubletrouble is in serious decline ...Not looking real good for the Pantys in 2013 ...

Just what the huddle needs....another unemployed falcons fan with the IQ of a 1st grader.

Our O-line is over-rated. Cam faced constant pressure and our talented backs were mauled in the backfield way too much. What does it say when we are relying on a late draft pick in Kugbilla to save the day?

Additionally, our entire defense is under-rated. Yes, they sucked at the beginning of the year, but they played much better once Kueckly took over the MLB spot and the coaches stopped being overly passive. Best of all, we used two early draft picks and some impressive free agency depth to make our defense even better.

I suspect the offense will struggle more than most expect while the D shines.

Our O-line is over-rated. Cam faced constant pressure and our talented backs were mauled in the backfield way too much. What does it say when we are relying on a late draft pick in Kugbilla to save the day?

Additionally, our entire defense is under-rated. Yes, they sucked at the beginning of the year, but they played much better once Kueckly took over the MLB spot and the coaches stopped being overly passive. Best of all, we used two early draft picks and some impressive free agency depth to make our defense even better.

I suspect the offense will struggle more than most expect while the D shines.

Cam got sacked the same percentage of times as luck. Both around 6.5%. It isn't because of their lack of mobility. If our oline can stay healthy we will be fine tho.

Cam got sacked the same percentage of times as luck. Both around 6.5%. It isn't because of their lack of mobility. If our oline can stay healthy we will be fine tho.

I hope you are right when you say our o-line "will be fine", but you seem to acknowledge the need for them to stay healthy because of a lack of depth along the o-line. Our defense on the other hand, has lots of depth and can withstand injuries. Having Hangman on the field with Kugbilla as his backup says it all for me. Expecting Kalil to return as the same force as before is suspect and Gross is definitely going downhill fast.

I have a feeling that Barner is gonna have a breakout year and somebody is going to be seeing some serious time on the bench. Nothing against Double Trouble, but I feel there time has passed. Barner my have an Arian Foster type year.

It's funny you say that; cause I actually like the combination of D'Angelo and Tolbert better than any other two back combination on the team from last year . And of course you can throw Barner in (as you're doing) for variety. 

One of those guys (double trouble) has got to go eventually. And of course the incoming player or draft pick, just makes it sweeter. 

I think eventually (and hopefully sooner than later) Gettleman will do something, especially after this season when he gets to watch them play himself (Salary Cap be damned-Lol)! 

C'mon man. Why do you have to take it to the extreme to make a point? Now if you had said 50%, I may have agreed with you. Now that you have gone all Kirk Russell ala Overboard, I just had to throw my two cents your way.

Everyone knows they are overpaid.

That movie sucks! Just saw it today on tbs!

Read option killed our RB's production IMO.  Getting rid of that will help.  I think DWill will have a good year, as well as Tolbert.  Stew is a never-ending injury and I think we knew that when we drafted another RB.   We just can't count on him.   I expect the Oline to be better.  Kalil being back will be huge.  

Read option killed our RB's production IMO.  Getting rid of that will help.  I think DWill will have a good year, as well as Tolbert.  Stew is a never-ending injury and I think we knew that when we drafted another RB.   We just can't count on him.   I expect the Oline to be better.  Kalil being back will be huge.  

Stew rarely misses games...just practice.

Archived