• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Underrated, Double Trouble Overrated according to everyone's favorite CBS Sportswriter

Pete Prisco wrote a piece for CBS where he identifies who he thinks is the most underrated and overrated player on each team. Here's what he had to say about the Panthers:

Overrated: RBs Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. These guys are paid a ton and they don't do nearly enough for that money. Stewart played in only nine games last season and averaged 3.6 per carry. Williams ran for 737 yards and averaged 4.3 per carry. Average.

Underrated: QB Cam Newton. Yes, Newton. With all the attention the four young quarterbacks got last year, he was kind of the forgotten man. That's just stupid. He really came on in the second half of 2012. Newton will have a huge season in 2013.

Read the rest: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22369476/overratedunderrated-broncos-nickel-db-harris-worth-every-penny

I can't argue too much. The only reason I'd cut Jonathan and DeAngelo some slack is because I think he's not taking into account their role in the offensive scheme as maimed by Chud last year. But then you'd ask me who else is overrated, and I'm hard-pressed to give you a name.

Carolinahuddle's most hated son nailed it right there

They're worth 10% of what they're getting paid. Newton's worth like 1000%

It's too bad that point will be overlooked though because pretty soon this thread is just going to be overrun with "I haet prickso" tards

I don't think they are overrated. I think they havent got the chance like other runners. They both rushed for 1100 yards in the same season. I guess you could contribute that to the system, but the system didn't bounce players off the ground after stiff arming them and just plain refuse to go down. That was double trouble. Sure you could thro in injuries, but that doesnt mean they aren't as talented as ppl say.

Also, no there really isn't anyone else u could say is overated, but he could have just said that. And say he thru in double trouble because there wasnt any one else.

Oh, I like his arguement against those who consider him forgotten. "That's just stupid." Haha! Very good arguement. Lol!

Our RB's are underused not overrated. Stewart is a top 10 back on any other team. They are still by far the most talented back field in the game. The struggle is balancing their carries with the passing game and Cam's running threat as well.

Impossible to argue. We've gotten terrible return on our investment out of DeAngelo and J. Stew. Hopefully we refocus on our ground game this coming season and that changes. But, it's a passing league now and you simply can't afford to have two big money RBs on your roster. Hurney should've picked one or the other, but that dead horse is thoroughly beaten at this point.

It's too bad that point will be overlooked though because pretty soon this thread is just going to be overrun with "I haet prickso" tards

i hate admitting he's right, but he is.

" It's probably overlooked because of your arrogant comments  and ppl with football knowledge"

Newton maybe worth more than them but they are 1000 % from being  overrated....... This season shall show us how  valuable they are..... 

Stewart                                                                Willams

2008 - 836 yds                                                     1,515 yds

2009 - 1,113 yds                                                  1,117 yds

2010 -  770 yds                                                       361 yds

2012 -  336 yds (Injury)                                           836 yds

2013- 1,000  yds  (my prediction)                           900 yds (my prediction)

C'mon man. Why do you have to take it to the extreme to make a point? Now if you had said 50%, I may have agreed with you. Now that you have gone all Kirk Russell ala Overboard, I just had to throw my two cents your way.

Everyone knows they are overpaid.

Are they only overrated cause they're overpaid? Is Cam only underrated cause he's still on his rookie contract? If both 34 & 28 restructure again next season, will they still be overrated? If we don't make the playoffs & Cam still gets a huge deal, is he automatically overrated? Who's Prisco & why the hate if he doesn't make any sense? Too many questions??

Its a catch 22 situation.

If Double Trouble get back to putting up big numbers you'd imagine it would come at the expense of Cam's rushing or passing stats.

What's really important is wins and loses. The last NO game was a classic example. Cam fell shy of his 20 TD total in that game, but he drove us deep into enemy territory with his passes that put us in short running situations. He could have had 3 passing TD's instead we ended with 3 rushing TD's. Its actually the perfect scenario for how this team is built with guys like Tolbert and Stu and Cam in the backfield.

If 28 and 34 get back to Double Trouble its almost guaranteed that someone will suggest Cam is in a slump because he didn't hit the same statistical numbers as before.

Archived