• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread

CardiacCats

Watched it on the computer.  Phew, I was devastated when we gave up that goal then three minutes later I was running laps around my house screaming "USA".  Our chances to qualify just jumped to 94%, and we have two home games coming up which we should win.  You'll be able to see these on ESPN lol.  Glad to see Jozy score in consecutive games, it's like we finally figured out when we get the ball in the zone to OUR BEST PLAYER, he'll put it in the back of the net more times than not.  That was awesome and we're sitting pretty.  Let's go Panama.

Ive been on altidore's nuts for like 6 damn years. He is a physical beast. If he used his strength like wambach does he could dominate competition. Its not neccessarily that he plays scared. Its more tenative or not demanding the ball. It is very easy in soccer to dissappear for long stretches of time. This happens to him way too much for his talent level. I think he is lazy IMHO

Jozy Altidore's form has been incredible the last few weeks.  He's playing with exceptional pace, and making great decisions with the ball.  He's making things a lot easier for his teammates with the way he's raised his game....

USA got another good win last night over Honduras. Honduras is definitely an underrated team with guys like Espinoza and Palacios.

Altidore recorded the only goal in the game extending his goal streak to four games.

Jermaine Jones returned from his concussion and picked up another yellow card in the process.

Klinsmann also moved Fabian Johnson back to defense.

If you missed the game, here is a recap.

Link: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1479730/altidore-goal-helps-us-close-world-cup-berth?cc=5901

It wasn't pretty, but they got the three points and that's all that matters.  US Men's National team is all but guaranteed a spot in Brazil now (99.6% chance of qualifying), so that's really all you can ask for at this point....

Honduras' attack was about as effective as a falcid member. Totally useless. A tie or loss there would have undone everything. I said going in we needed all 9 points. They got them, I would love for mexico to struggle and miss out somehow.

Archived