• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread

CardiacCats

huge week coming up for our team!  Jamaica on the road tomorrow, then home games vs Panama and Honduras.  To say I'm nervous is an understatement, our qualifying isn't off to a bad start with 4 points including a win over Costa Rica and tie vs Mexico in Azteca.  We looked horrible against Belgium, but they're one of the best teams in the world.  Our offense showed some great signs of life in a great win over Germany, despite it pretty much being their B team.  

I'm hoping we've finally found the right pair of CMs, I mean seeing the success Jones and Bradley have had together leaves me to think that it isn't as much about the right combination, but that Jones and Bradley are simply much more talented players than the other CMs in the US player pool with Holden being the only possible exception. I'm really hoping Jozy is going to start stepping up, he has to. This is the expected lineup for tomorrow, from what I've heard:

----------------------Altidore-----------------
----Johnson-----Dempsey-----Zusi----
-------------Bradley-------Jones------------
Beasley----Gonzalez---Besler---Evans

----------------------Howard------------------

We know Dempsey is our most dangerous player, but Altidore has to help carry the load and imo Bradley is the most important player on the team.

Go USA! If there's already a thread just merge this post, we NEED 7 points at least after these next 3 games.  No excuses!

Since when is belgium a world power? We suck and i wont be surprised if we dont qualify

LOL.  Shows how little you know.  Belgium's roster is stacked; at present they are a world power.  We don't suck either....if Altidore has turned a corner (and can keep getting quality service) and if Dempsey plays at his usual level, we will qualify.

I'm admittedly a fairweather fan (only watch during qualifying and The WC) - but what do these mean ranking-wise and qualifying-wise?

Are we out if we don't get 7?  Also, what games of the three will be the hardest?

I'm admittedly a fairweather fan (only watch during qualifying and The WC) - but what do these mean ranking-wise and qualifying-wise?

Are we out if we don't get 7?  Also, what games of the three will be the hardest?

It's still early in the process, even after these 3 games.  But I'd say the game at Jamaica of the three in this week will be the toughest.  They're sitting at the bottom of the table with only 2 points, but they're big, strong, fast and athletic and have given Mexico fits.  There are currently 6 teams left in the CONCACAF region and 3 get automatic bids to Brazil while the team who finishes fourth has to play New Zealand in a play-in game.  It'd be an embarrassment for America not to make it, but it's still a realistic possibility at this point.  Here's a schedule of our qualifying fixtures: http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/us-men/schedule-results/2013.aspx

There are a lot of games left, but we need seven points in these next three and I'm assuming you know , but three points=win, one point=tie.  We're better than all of these next three teams we're playing, but Honduras beat us at their place in the first qualifying game.

We need 9 points i think. These are the bottom three teams in the group. We need three wins. Cant tie two of the worst teams in the group at home and hope to qualify. And we should beat jam on the road.

if we tie Jamaica I won't be shocked and it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm more confident in the home games against Panama and Honduras. We need to win both those, Jamaica (even though they're in last) has still shown they are dangerous. And it's so early so just because those teams are in last right now doesn't mean they're the worst teams in CONCACAF

It all depends on who we have reffing imo. If we have a ref from anywhere else in the world, we have a fighting chance. If we have any South American ref, we're most likely screwed. They have a history of calling the games unfair and biased against us, no matter who we're playing. I've seen it first-hand and in person, and it's not pretty.

I'm hoping we get refs from Canada and some African nations. They seem the most impartial and fair in my book.

anyone know if the game will be on cable tonight, thanks

The game is on beIN sport which owns the US rights to all men's WCQ games played outside the United States. It's available via the sports package on Comcast here in Atlanta but I'm not sure if TWC carries it in NC. It's certainly available through DIRECTV.

The game is on beIN sport which owns the US rights to all men's WCQ games played outside the United States. It's available via the sports package on Comcast here in Atlanta but I'm not sure if TWC carries it in NC. It's certainly available through DIRECTV.

certainly I won't just be streaming this

Archived