• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams! "Who am I?"

Phoenaxe

pro bowl voting started in early october.

williams was doing no better than stewart then.

he didn't make the pro bowl because he didn't stand out.

So if Pro Bowl voting started in Nov He would have done better?

I think Not .

No it is when voting ends that is more the issue . . . Mid December

Rather than the last game of the season.

That and the fact the Panthers are a small market team who don't focus on individual accolades or they would have pushed his candidacy more strongly.

So if Pro Bowl voting started in Nov He would have done better?

I think Not .

No it is when voting ends that is more the issue . . . Mid December

Rather than the last game of the season.

That and the fact the Panthers are a small market team who don't focus on individual accolades or they would have pushed his candidacy more strongly.

pro bowl voting ended the first week of december.

that almost eliminates his most productive month of the season.

williams had yet to reach 1,000 yards before december.

keep trying.

Actually, when voting is taken out of the publics hands it will get a lot more accurate and more topical. It's just how it is. Of course it will still be a bit skewed to the big markets, but it will be a lot more fair than the popularity contest that it is now...

pro bowl voting ended the first week of december.

that almost eliminates his most productive month of the season.

williams had yet to reach 1,000 yards before december.

keep trying.

Unfortunately the Pro Bowl doesn't mean much anyhow. DWill was hands down in the top 3 of RB's last year and it very reasonable to say he might have been one of the best. With that said, there is very little reason he didn't make the Pro Bowl.

If the issue is when he got the yards, then perhaps the issue be corrected in voting. Last I knew, December still counts and the pro bowl is long after that.

The Pro Bowl may just be a popularity contest but it does mean something to the players. It effects their contracts. Say if you make the pro bowl you get x amount of dollars as a incentive.

Some might say they don't care about it, but you know they want the privilege of going and being involved in all the fanfare.

Take it out of the fans hands and let stats speak for themselves. If that was the way D-Will would have been starting in the pro bowl.

Isnt fan voting only like 1/3 of it?

Ok, you got how many coaches in the NFL> How many sports writers in the NFL? Ok, now how many fans in the NFL? I rest my case...

Those of you who don't think the fans are the deciding factor need to think again - I mean really..

Archived