• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network: Franchise QB, Wilson or Cam?

JawnyBlaze

Who cares. We don't need/want Cam Newton playing like he is the best QB in the NFL. 

Cam doesn't have the offensive pieces for it.

Cam doesn't have the offensive system/OC for it.

What Cam should have is a defense that he will rely on to control the game...and a number of running backs to grind out games.

We need Cam to be effective.

We need Cam to play like Alex Smith under Harbough.

Wilson has sufficient weapons and coaching to play like a superstar. Cam does not.

Cam is a physical freak who is singlehandedly changing the QB position. Well, maybe not single handedly. But, he is the prototype for the new generation.

He was first, he broke the mold. He will always be the first. He will always be the one others are compared to.

Once the wins come. There will be no denying his greatness. True dat.

Don't agree he doesn't have the weapons. People forget we were a top 7 offense not long ago with the same people we have now. Since then we have added Tolbert, Hixon, and Ginn, plus rookie barner. That year our defense was not good tho, this year I expect them to be better. Cam is WAY too talented to be a game manager.

Don't agree he doesn't have the weapons. People forget we were a top 7 offense not long ago with the same people we have now. Since then we have added Tolbert, Hixon, and Ginn, plus rookie barner. That year our defense was not good tho, this year I expect them to be better. Cam is WAY too talented to be a game manager.

Newton can be as talented as he wants. His team offensively is not. From his OC to the pieces he has around him.

The Organization and Coaches decided that Defense is where our focus should be.

As fans, that is where our expectations should be as well.

Not on an offensive unit headed up by a guy that no one else in the NFL would hire in the same position, and WRs that I am not sure anybody in the league envies. . 

I totally agree our focus needs to be on D right now. I'm not for trying to air it out every game, trying to score 44 points to win. But he has enough of weapons to score a lot of points.

But in the end all I'm worried about is the Ws. But Cam has enough around him to put up good numbers. That is my belief.

We're missing 1 important piece to our offense from 2 years ago. A number 2 tight end.

I totally agree our focus needs to be on D right now. I'm not for trying to air it out every game, trying to score 44 points to win. But he has enough of weapons to score a lot of points.

But in the end all I'm worried about is the Ws. But Cam has enough around him to put up good numbers. That is my belief.

I agree. He shouldn't be Mark Sanchez out there, but he does not have the pieces around him to but up Matt Ryan's numbers either.

Gotta love how LT and the other dude spend two minutes discussing how Wilson has more to work with and is asked to do less and has a great defense etc etc....and then the douchnozzle host gets in the last word that Wilson won more games in one season than Cam in two.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I agree. He shouldn't be Mark Sanchez out there, but he does not have the pieces around him to but up Matt Ryan's numbers either.

Hopefully he won't have to. But I still think he could if he had to. Maybe not all through the air, but combined air and ground maybe.

But like I said, hopefully there is no need, with the defensive pressure and more RB running focus. Lol! Maybe we can stay out of the shootouts.

Hopefully he won't have to. But I still think he could if he had to. Maybe not all through the air, but combined air and ground maybe.

But like I said, hopefully there is no need, with the defensive pressure and more RB running focus. Lol! Maybe we can stay out of the shootouts.

The Panthers will not win games if they try to win them with their defense. 

Been there, tried that!!

Last year, whether the Panthers D was playing mediocre or relatively well, they still blew significant leads when the Offense went ahead during the 4th Quarter. They finally got better with this towards the end of the season. It remains to be seen if this will continue in 2013. I sure hope so. 

Unfortunately, this would also play into Rivera's inherent/instinctive ability to slow down the offense (even in the 2nd quarter) when the team has more than a 14 pt lead, and always seemed to come back to bite him and the team. 

No Sir-ee! Score them points, with a decent defense!

The Panthers have a very good offense (Cam makes them so). Even last year, if  you check the various analytic sites--who rate the Panthers highly, the only thing that held the Panthers back from scoring more points were Opportunities. And guess who held them back from those opportunities? The Panthers D, that stayed on the field oto long (whether the opposition scored or not), denying Cam & Co offensive touches. That was a big problem last year. 

It would be a disaster of the first order to turn Cam into a game manager and rely on the Panther defense to win games. 

The only reason why the Panther offense wasn't as lethal as it was in Cam's Rookie season, or the 2nd half of 2012, was; ahem, we all know the reason. Lol

The Panthers will not win games if they try to win them with their defense. 

Been there, tried that!!

Last year, whether the Panthers D was playing mediocre or relatively well, they still blew significant leads when the Offense went ahead during the 4th Quarter. They finally got better with this towards the end of the season. It remains to be seen if this will continue in 2013. I sure hope so. 

Unfortunately, this would also play into Rivera's inherent/instinctive ability to slow down the offense (even in the 2nd quarter) when the team has more than a 14 pt lead, and always seemed to come back to bite him and the team. 

No Sir-ee! Score them points, with a decent defense!

The Panthers have a very good offense (Cam makes them so). Even last year, if  you check the various analytic sites--who rate the Panthers highly, the only thing that held the Panthers back from scoring more points were Opportunities. And guess who held them back from those opportunities? The Panthers D, that stayed on the field oto long (whether the opposition scored or not), denying Cam & Co offensive touches. That was a big problem last year. 

It would be a disaster of the first order to turn Cam into a game manager and rely on the Panther defense to win games. 

The only reason why the Panther offense wasn't as lethal as it was in Cam's Rookie season, or the 2nd half of 2012, was; ahem, we all know the reason. Lol

That's not true. A terrible third down efficiency was a big reason the offense didn't score more.

Archived