• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Following the Devil down to Georgia

dham278

Due to an in-house promotion, I will be moving from Winston-Salem to Atlanta this summer. Yep, the home of Matt Ryan and the Falc*nts.

Any advice for a dedicated Huddle reader and intermittent poster headed south? Anyone already down there know how many games I can expect to get per year? I'd imagine all the Fox Sunday broadcasts will be for the Falcons so probable not more than 3 or 4 a year unless I throw down for Sunday ticket.

This also means I'll be at every Panthers-Falcons game down there raising hell, I'd love to see some of you there

I have lived in Marietta for three years, and like the area. Make sure you stay in east cobb if you are going to live in the area though. We have a nice group of fans that live here as well. We all go go the derby in sandy springs/roswell every week during the season.

I moved to the Atlanta area three years ago from Greensboro. I was in Alpharetta for the first two years (close to work) but got a new job and moved down to Midtown to be a block from my new work. Everybody likes different areas and there are good arguments for most. It all depends on what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area or where to watch games.

As for TV coverage you won't get much - just the Monday and Sunday night games, and of course those played against Atlanta. We'll also usually get the game during Atlanta's bye week. But then again, I don't know anyone that stays in to watch games - there's so many good sports bars to choose from that everyone I know goes out on Sundays.

You'll see a bunch of band wagon Falcons fans. Last year I hardly saw ANY Falcons-wear until about midseason when people figured out they would actually be decent. But yeah, mostly very uneducated about their team and as a Panthers fan I can name more of the Falcons roster than the typical "fan". Actually, most people could care less about the Falcons as they are big into the Braves and Bulldogs and to some extent the Yellow Jackets.

I'm about an hour outside of Atalnta, but this is what I see from the burbs north of the city.

I can actually get Fox out of Chattanooga as well, but they tend to play the Falcons too unless there's a better rated match-up on.

Oh yeah, can't WAIT to get back to the Carolinas. Hopefully a promotion will be coming soon. *fingers crossed*

Weird. When I lived in Marietta, in the early '80s. In the two years, I don't think I saw one falcons fan. That was a down time for the team, but still...

I was there in the mid '80s. The same was true for the Braves. We could decide to go to a baseball game a couple of hours before the game, drive down and have behind the plate seats with no problem. Seems Atlanta is not really sports oriented...

We're looking in the Symrna and Marietta areas, everything in the city limits is way too close together. I'll take the extra commute to be able to have a yard for my dog

Symrna's not bad, I liked Marietta better. Roswell is nice as well, Sandy Springs is cool in town but expensive. Buckhead is great, but even moreso. Just say North and Northwest and you'll be happy, except for having to watch Falcons games...

Archived