• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Triple Trouble ?

QuasiYoda

if he's good enough, he'll fit in wherever he's needed. that could be halfback in an obvious passing situation, in the slot, screens, return game... they wouldn't have drafted him if they didn't plan to put him to work, given his skills. also stewart isn't exactly an iron man at this stage in his career. i feel alright giving him a shot at being there for "stewart out for the 2nd half, 3rd and 7 and d-will is winded" type scenarios as well.

if he's not a difference maker then he could have a short, uneventful stay with the panthers. let's hope his attitude in the case of minimal playing time is different from his attitude of general "discontent" when sherman didn't give him as much burn his last year in college.

Can't disagree with anything in this post. The guy has wicked speed and should fit in somewhere, I'm just not sure where yet...

Excellent ramp up speed, change of direction, balance, and instinct to follow his blocks effectively. However, I am concerned by the way he holds the ball away from his body. This is a fumbling issue waiting to be exploited. I expect this is much of why he fell as far as he did in the draft.

If that doesnt get corrected, then it will cost us at least a game if he gets an appreciable amount of playing time.

Goodson 2008 at Texas A&M no Fumbles

Goodson 2007 at Texas A&M no Fumbles

Goodson 2006 at Texas A&M no Fumbles

Could there be a pattern here? ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191666

Granted the Pro Game is different but I'll not be losing too much sleep on the butter fingers scenario as of yet.

Granted the Pro Game is different but I'll not be losing too much sleep on the butter fingers scenario as of yet.

College - Professional - just sayin' I mean I see where you're going with this, but college player don't try to strip, pros do...

If I recall correctly, DeShaun Foster didn't have a problem with fumbling in college either.

Just sayin. When that little issue comes to light, you'll know who said it first.

If I recall correctly, DeShaun Foster didn't have a problem with fumbling in college either.

Just sayin. When that little issue comes to light, you'll know who said it first.

Not saying you're wrong about Goodson needing some adjustment under the faster NFL pressure just sayin Goodson had "No Fumbles" in College career. Foster had many. I say that puts him ahead of many in that category due to whatever subtle capabilities he mayhave, to have brought that about . . .

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2002/04/17/foster_fumbles/

Though Foster's fumble totals aren't official and vary depending on the source, he fumbled anywhere from seven to 10 times last season in just eight games. He had four fumbles against Ohio State in 2001, dropped another in his Senior Bowl appearance, and committed at least 12 fumbles over the course of his final two collegiate seasons.

When it comes to maximizing his draftability and first-round value, Foster basically dropped the ball.

wasn't twilight some movie recently?

From what I'd seen of it... sadly, yes.

Either way, I'll be here when he's playing. If he's a superstar... awesome. If not, I'm just telling you what I think will happen and why. Feel free to check back in October.

Guest Phalic0192

My honest opinion.

Goodson sees the field for roughly 30 plays all year. There is just way too much competition for playing time. He is not better than Stew or DWill to take their time. And I find it laughable that John Fox would all the sudden break out of his conservative style and use a RB as a slot receiver. The man doesn't even put double trouble in at the same time.

I am just trying to temper my expectations for him. He looks good in "high" lights from his freshman year. But i remember someone saying he has attitude problems. He is not someone that I look to have an impact "this" coming year. Three years from now, maybe.

Archived