• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Triple Trouble ?

QuasiYoda

Triple Trouble Anybody ?

Goodson looks . . well, Good, Son!

Great Offensive lines bring out the best in their running backs. Contrary to what most may think this kid has a good chance to contribute to an already stellar running game. He has good hands too . . . coming out of the back field in a two back set, will have the defense stacking line for the run Whoopsie

:hurray:

Thanks Cat Craver

I like what I see in this kid.

If he can return kicks.....what he delivers on offense is gravy.

I would not mind using him similar to the way NO is starting to use Bush. He looks dangerous in the passing game. Get him matched up in space on LB's and he could be trouble.

I'll have to admit that I had never even heard about him before we drafted him, and then when we did I was like "WTF, we dont really need another RB." But after watching some highlights of him I see that he could be a serious gamebreaker for us. I am very impressed by some of his highlights.....now we have to see if Davidson and Fox decide to use him correctly.

I'll have to admit that I had never even heard about him before we drafted him, and then when we did I was like "WTF, we dont really need another RB." But after watching some highlights of him I see that he could be a serious gamebreaker for us. I am very impressed by some of his highlights.....now we have to see if Davidson and Fox decide to use him correctly.

Yes, a creative offensive mind could have so much fun with all the tools in the Panthers war chest. Our Offense should be able to help our Defense just like the running game will help the passing game.

Foxes use of next years 1st round picks 2 years in a row looks good to me.

I like what I see in this kid.

If he can return kicks.....what he delivers on offense is gravy.

I would not mind using him similar to the way NO is starting to use Bush. He looks dangerous in the passing game. Get him matched up in space on LB's and he could be trouble.

That's what I was thinking with him, maybe 2-3 runs a game, KR & PR, 2-3 passes from the slot or out of the backfield.

I think he may end up one of the best picks to come out of this draft. Im really excpecting fox and company to run a whole bunch of fullhouse, fullhouse wide and strong packages with Jstew, Dwill and goodson in the backfield. Goodson can come in motion and line up outside at wr, either back can break the big run and all 3 can most likely play a huge role in the screen game. now throw a few bubble screens to smitty, a reverse here and there out of the same formation and your looking at a 4 way threat out of the backfield.

Triple Trouble Anybody ?

Goodson looks . . well, Good, Son!

Great Offensive lines bring out the best in their running backs. Contrary to what most may think this kid has a good chance to contribute to an already stellar running game. He has good hands too . . . coming out of the back field in a two back set, will have the defense stacking line for the run Whoopsie

:hurray:

Thanks Cat Craver

Great Video!!! That got me pumped. Was it me or did he look as if he was twice as fast as everyone else on the field. WOW!!!

Do you think he could line up as a WR and stretch the field. Kinda like we wanted Drew Carter to do?

I've got to admit I'm a little perplexed. I mean, we can't handle 3 backs with what we have in 1 and 2. Goings is gone, I know, but this kid has too much talent to be a Goings player. Where is he going to fit in?

I've got to admit I'm a little perplexed. I mean, we can't handle 3 backs with what we have in 1 and 2. Goings is gone, I know, but this kid has too much talent to be a Goings player. Where is he going to fit in?

I have two words for you. Slot. Receiver.

Let's actually wait until he takes an actual snap in a NFL game to judge where he fits.

What is it about my question of where he fits that makes you question my opinion?

I have two words for you. Slot. Receiver.

What is it about my question of where he fits that makes you question my opinion?

Do we see a repetition here?...

http://www.examiner.com/x-3808-Carolina-Panthers-Examiner~y2009m6d8-4th-round-pick-Mike-Goodson-turning-heads-at-practice

"Last Tuesday morning was the exception, it was a awesome play by rookie Mike Goodson. Goodson left most of the players in awe with his speed. It was not a technical move he just stepped to the right followed by a quick cut up the field. But his speed on the play was the Panthers were looking for when they drafted him in the fourth round."

"Look for Goodson on kickoff returns, where his speed could prove invaluable as teams adjust to the league-mandated outlaw of the wedge return formation. But on punt returns, the work Tuesday morning was ceded to wide receiver Larry Beavers"

Archived