• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whats Your Greatest Moment in Hornets History

chknwing

That should be most people's, It would be hard for me to pick between these three though.

Bobby Phills jersey being retired,

Hornets vs Celtics in 93

Hornets vs Heat in 2001.  It was also nice that the Bucks series after the Heat sweep was really good, except the loosing part.  

I was sitting courtside behind the Raptors bench the night that they paid tribute to Bobby Phills, that was an emotional night.  It didn't slow down Vin-santiy though.

My favorite game moment was the 93 series win with the Alonzo buzzer beater, no question.

Two best moments:

1) When I was in college at App State in the early 90's, the Hornets had just pulled off the miracle shot to beat the Celtics in the first round.  Prior to their second round series against the Knicks, they decided to get away from town for practice and focus.  My friends told me the Hornets were practicing in our gym on campus but I didn't believe them.  Later that day I walked by on my way to class and saw a few unmarked charter busses and people peering through windows.  I couldn't believe it - there was Muggsy, Dell, LJ, Zo, coach Bristow, the whole crew, gearing up for the Knicks series.  That was completely awesome.  By the second day, word had gotten out and I remember an NBA Inside Stuff van outside for media coverage.

2) After I graduated college I went out west for a few weeks and had the pleasure of seeing the Hornets play the Golden State Warriors in CA.  I happened upon press passes, and was able to go into the locker room area after the game.  Got to meet everyone - Steve Martin and Gil McGregor, Divac, Mason, Rice, Muggsy, Dell, everybody.  Plus met all the Warriors too, at that time they had Sprewell, Mullin, Joe Smith, etc.  Really cool experience, I thank an unnamed source associated with the Warriors back then for the hook-up.

The year the Bulls won 72... We played them twice in a short span. First in Charlotte, then in Chicago.

They beat us at home. Apparently fans were heckling Rodman pretty bad. In a press conference he said something about the Hornets not being a real team. A few days later, we spanked them in Chicago, giving them their first (and I think only) home loss that season.

This game prevented the Bulls from winning the eastern conference and gave Charlotte the 5seed instead of the 7th I think...memory fading.

Jordan owns Kendall Gill in the 4th and has more dunks than playing at the YMCA. Hornets of course lose a huge lead in the 4th but LJ isolating shows why he was the star of this team not Zo.

Watch as Alonzo gets posterized several times late on help defense.

Archived