• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like the Hornets are officially back!

CardiacCats

I still don't quite understand why someone would support the Hornets, but refuse to support the Bobcats. It's still our local team. I mean, I definitely do want the Hornets back, and would probably buy more Hornets merchandise (only have a few Bobcat things), but that's only because I like the color scheme a lot more. I'll always support my local teams. 

I still don't quite understand why someone would support the Hornets, but refuse to support the Bobcats. It's still our local team. I mean, I definitely do want the Hornets back, and would probably buy more Hornets merchandise (only have a few Bobcat things), but that's only because I like the color scheme a lot more. I'll always support my local teams. 

I think it's because when they left, we all lost interest. And this new team was just a cheap really bad knock off of what we used to have. Bad name, bad colors, bad team. It never filled the hole left inside when the Hornets left.

Awesome news. Just wish the history of our team didnt stay with the Pelicans.

Well technically it is, but we as fans don't have to see it that way. I always believed that in sports, the team belongs to the city where it started.

I think it's because when they left, we all lost interest. And this new team was just a cheap really bad knock off of what we used to have. Bad name, bad colors, bad team. It never filled the hole left inside when the Hornets left.

I suppose that I can see that. I wasn't a big basketball fan back in the 90's or even the very early 2000's. I was a huge baseball fanatic and didn't really get into basketball until 2003 or so. I guess that I didn't really pay much attention to or care for the Hornets. 

James Dator also pointed out how the team was even advertising for like new graphic and web designers and poo like that, this is all adding up.  I can't see this not being true at this point.  More info hopefully this week, they better bring the teal and purple back.  It needs to be a full-fledged rebrand.

Archived