• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like the Hornets are officially back!

CardiacCats

I Am not sure about it. Seems like this is just based off the NBA buying the nbahornets.com domain. Could be that someone smart within the NBA decided to buy it up just in case it does happen, not that it will happen.

Cautiously optimistic though!

Would be smart for them to announce just after the draft lottery when people care more.

I Am not sure about it. Seems like this is just based off the NBA buying the nbahornets.com domain. Could be that someone smart within the NBA decided to buy it up just in case it does happen, not that it will happen.

Cautiously optimistic though!

Would be smart for them to announce just after the draft lottery when people care more.

I was concerned about this as well. Definitely seems like Brinson is connecting dots... It's possible that the NBA secured it regardless so no one could register the name and profit off of it due to the Bring Back The Buzz momentum - regardless, of the result of the name change.

That being said, I am believing and hoping it's legit! This would be a huge move in the right direction for the franchise. I hope they come out very soon and confirm it.

Growing up a kid in the 90s, I was a Bulls fan for obvious reasons.  After Charlotte lost its franchise, and then the joke that is the Bobcats happened, I've essentially been without a favorite team for the last 10 years or so.  I became more of a fan of players than anything, but now that the Hornets may be coming back?  Looks like I may have someone to fully cheer for again. 

Growing up a kid in the 90s, I was a Bulls fan for obvious reasons.  After Charlotte lost its franchise, and then the joke that is the Bobcats happened, I've essentially been without a favorite team for the last 10 years or so.  I became more of a fan of players than anything, but now that the Hornets may be coming back?  Looks like I may have someone to fully cheer for again. 

Wow, you just described me to a tee when it comes to the NBA.  Just became a fan of players after the Hornets left and could never really give a fug about the Bobcats... I loved the Hornets though when I was younger (and a Jordan fan, being a kid growing up in the 90s it was hard not to love some Jordan/Bulls... exactly like you said).

Archived