• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Decent video on NFL.com about Cam: Sapp, McGinnest, O'Hara

JawnyBlaze

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap2000000167760/Cam-Newton-s-challenge-for-2013

They're mostly positive about Cam and say he needs his supporting cast to step up.  Not everything they said was exactly accurate, but it was generally fair.  O'Hara seemed unusually fair about Cam, I seem to recall him being a bit of a doubter (though not to the extreme that I'd call him a hater) and McGinnest said Deangelo and Stewart are two of the best RBs in the league (at least HE doesn't have short term memory.)

Do we have the line and rotational players to have a dominant run game? As long as we're healthy yes, hows our depth? mm not so good, but we'll make do like we always do.

I think we do.  The offensive line is bad if the offense is trying to have an over reliance on the passing game.  But I think they are capable, especially with Kalil, of paving the way in the run game and when you do that, it helps them in pass protection as the defensive line is worn down and they aren't able to just tee off with a pass rush every snap due to the threat of the run game and playaction.

I agree with them about the running backs taking the heat off of Cam.  This is exactly why I believe Shula will feature the RB and power running game more this season than Chud did last season.

Absolutely.  When you look at the payroll vs. production, it has to be one of the biggest wastes of money in the NFL...Getting the power running game started will not happen with Hangartner at RG.  Not a dig on him; most centers are not bull dozers. 

Unless they bring in a veteran RG:

So much depends on Kugbila, a fourth round G from Valdosta St.  Perhaps the jobs of everyone below the GM.  They scouted him thoroughly.  They must like his chances.

Archived