• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Semi interesting fluff article from Utah site about Panthers' pick of Star

JawnyBlaze

past two seasons?

cardiac cats turned to the gut-wrenching cats a long time ago. gut wrenching losses comes with the territory. so much promise every year because of late starts and strong finishes leading you to think that next year will be different only to be filled with more gut wrenching losses.

it will feel good when/if it happens. i guess it will anyway. it will be a new feeling for sure, at least not one felt since '03 and maybe '05....you know, when we felt we were on to something special and then just started settling for status quo, ie stability.

The 12-4 team from 2008 says hello.

I know that season hurt at the end.  But going undefeated at home felt damn good.

The 12-4 team from 2008 says hello.

I know that season hurt at the end.  But going undefeated at home felt damn good.

the window was closing, that much was clear.

all that was was a diversion, but that playoff was a "we were what i thought we were" denny green moment for me.

all that was was a diversion, but that playoff was a "we were what i thought we were" denny green moment for me.

No disrespect meant.....but damn....you and CRA are two of the most pessimistic people I have ever seen.

Be a little more optimistic....it makes life more enjoyable.

No disrespect meant.....but damn....you and CRA are two of the most pessimistic people I have ever seen.

Be a little more optimistic....it makes life more enjoyable.

i used to be one of the biggest homers in here, at least that's what i was told on a regular basis.

i like our players, but i don't like our coaches. i was optimistic about rivera, but i haven't seen what i want to see. i don't like his timidity and management at the end of games.

i didn't like fox when i saw a reluctance to change and adapt in '07.

if that all makes me pessimistic in some people's minds, fine. i think our best days are ahead and i think we have the making for something special. i really like what gettleman is going. the thing i see holding us back is the coaching. i think the coaches, esp. rivera and shula, are in over their heads and until i see different i'm not buying that they are the answer.

and i enjoy life just fine, btw. just because i bitch about coaches that i don't think are cut out to lead this team doesn't mean i bitch about everything else.

and don't think for a moment that i don't know that you've done your fair share of bitching about the panthers and been pessimistic about certain things.

i somewhat agree with this... the window was starting to close.

for the 2008 season my worry lied in the fact that we sucked on the road.... then playoffs come around and we get spanked by the arizona fuging cardinals at home.

as for your dislike of rivera and shula: the rivera hate is warranted, he has fuged up several times and it seems like he just doesn't have it. it's too early to tell for shula, though.

You should read what hatter writes in the tinderbox if you think he's a beacon for optimism

yeah, I've been around enough to know better. it makes me laugh when he starts on one of those "you shouldn't be  negative" jags.

i somewhat agree with this... the window was starting to close.

for the 2008 season my worry lied in the fact that we sucked on the road.... then playoffs come around and we get spanked by the arizona fuging cardinals at home.

as for your dislike of rivera and shula: the rivera hate is warranted, he has fuged up several times and it seems like he just doesn't have it. it's too early to tell for shula, though.

it's hard to feel good about someone you didn't want to have the job because he had a proven track record of failure and no track record of success and then he gets the job. I'm not going to turn that off just because he got the job. it's up to him to prove he's not the failure he was in the past.

i hope he's not, I've just seen nothing to make me feel better about it other than people like him and his defenders saying that it's been a long time since he failed to which i will always respond with when was the last time he succeeded calling plays and running he offense? and why hasn't he been given other opportunities?

the only thing that will make me not think it wasn't a good hire is what that offense does on the field.

Archived