• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated. Need Suggestion for Yard Work.

chknwing

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

I grow a lot of clover/dollar weed so I may need some weed, feed, and seed consultation as well. Although I would like to maintain it.

I am starting to try to work on my yard, and am still looking for a grass feed, and weed killer that will work for centipede.

Having a bit of a hard time honestly.

I do my 1/3 of an acre with this

d7d40f5c-b3af-40e4-aa0b-ae2d5f9350e7_300

ya, my last place was about 2.5 acres of grass to cut...I did it once with a push mower like that when my old ride-on was broke.  As soon as I was done I was in the truck to the store to buy the Country Clipper!!!

she's bad ass....52" , triple blade deck and I seem to recall a 28HP engine...throw on the bagger with the blower in it and I can make any lawn look professional in minutes, although I usually operate with the mulch blades and don't bag!

I pay $50 a time for my grass to be mowed (just over an acre), the ditch bank and other areas to be weedeated, and the driveway to be edged and blown off.

Have that done about every couple weeks, so like $100 a month... It was $40 each time up until this year...

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

Cool. We pay $140/mo for 42 weeks. Includes seeding, fertilization, weeding etc.

I think that is pretty standard.

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

That isn't bad, actually... The dude that does mine is actually a state trooper who just does this yard work on the side for the extra money... He doesn't do any seeding or fertilizing, and basically just handles the general cutting/trimming/edging and the subsequent cleanup.

Oh yeah thing I love is that they get rid of all the leaves in the fall.

I hate doing that

What do you guys pay for lawn service?

I have a service that I pay year-round....$109 a month (but pay all 12 months).

That includes everything.  They aerate and overseed in the spring.....cut every week during the growing season (spring, summer, fall)....cut when needed during the non growing season (if it gets warm later in the season or earlier in the spring)....fertilize about 5 times a year and puts down weed treatment several times a year.

I priced out the fertilizer, aerator rental, and weed killer if I did it myself....I am actually paying pretty little for the actual work.  Well worth it to me.

I have a service that I pay year-round....$109 a month (but pay all 12 months).

That includes everything.  They aerate and overseed in the spring.....cut every week during the growing season (spring, summer, fall)....cut when needed during the non growing season (if it gets warm later in the season or earlier in the spring)....fertilize about 5 times a year and puts down weed treatment several times a year.

I priced out the fertilizer, aerator rental, and weed killer if I did it myself....I am actually paying pretty little for the actual work.  Well worth it to me.

That's a good deal. Mine works out to $140/mo for the same services.

Archived