• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated. Need Suggestion for Yard Work.

chknwing

ok my front and back yard are pretty far gone as far as maintenance.  I blame the 1 year old lawn mower that died.  I am extremely lazy, lol.  Neighborhood kids wont touch it.  But basically I need, Leaf removal, grass cutting, and over grown kudzu/hedges cut back.  Most of the places in charlotte just kinda do lawn care ballentyne style. Which is not what I need.

Update:

So I threw my lawn mower in the trunk and went to find a repair shop. I got a few blocks and some guy flagged me down and asked me what I was doing with the lawnmower.  I told him I was looking for a repair shop.  He says he does small engine repair and would be happy to look at it.  While he was fixing it, I noticed he had dish network. Told him I work for them etc.  Just so happens hes been having an issue with his Dish system.  So we ended up fixing each others problems.  I still gave him some money anyways.  Lawnmower works perfectly on the first pull.  I will update again if I decide to do something with the leaves that are 3 years old. :)

Craigslist. You can find someone to come do all that poo for probably around $50-$80 bucks. Make sure you don't pay until absolutely everything is finished though. I got burned a couple years so. Had two guys come and haul some leaves from my backyard. They had to leave cause it was dark and said they would come back to get the rest the next day. I stupidly paid them and they never came to haul the rest.

I avoided hiring anyone for a long time and finally got so busy that I pay a lawn service. Local guy. Started 6 months ago and we have the perfect lawn now. Just immaculate.

But I will tell you there are tons of Mexicans working for $10/hr cash who do a great job as you would expect.

I avoided hiring anyone for a long time and finally got so busy that I pay a lawn service. Local guy. Started 6 months ago and we have the perfect lawn now. Just immaculate.

But I will tell you there are tons of Mexicans working for $10/hr cash who do a great job as you would expect.

so how do I find them? hangout at the laundry mat?

You can usually find quite a few hanging around lowes/ home depot type places that are really hungry to make a couple of bucks.  As noted they usually do good work as well.

Usually one of two ways

1) There will be a corner somewhere in Charlotte where guys congregate looking for under the table hourly work. They may need transportation and food but they will work like demons for a great hourly wage.

2) Word of mouth. Somebody in your neighborhood has a guy. Ask around.

Archived