• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan making "scary" improvement? Yikes!

KintnerBoy

I seem to remember a couple seasons ago, several articles about how phenomenal of a physical specimen Peppers was - and how sick of a season he was going to have. Maybe even break the sack record.

What actually happened?

2.5 sacks

Let Ryan take a real hit or 2 in the first quarter and well see how phenomenal he is.

"Fanthink" has a tendency to always do one of two things:

A) Elevate our players to higher than they really are

or

B) Elevate everyone else and fret over whether we can even compete

In general, I'd say this board has more "B" than "A", but neither option is realistic.

Reality is this:

Every team has good players.

Every team gets better in the offseason.

Every team goes into the offseason with high expectations.

And in the end, they have players that give us fits. We have players that give them fits. It evens out.

(you think there aren't people in Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans fretting about facing Smith, Williams and Stewart again?)

"Fanthink" has a tendency to always do one of two things:

A) Elevate our players to higher than they really are

or

B) Elevate everyone else and fret over whether we can even compete

In general, I'd say this board has more "B" than "A", but neither option is realistic.

Reality is this:

Every team has good players.

Every team gets better in the offseason.

Every team goes into the offseason with high expectations.

And in the end, they have players that give us fits. We have players that give them fits. It evens out.

(you think there aren't people in Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans fretting about facing Smith, Williams and Stewart again?)

Ahhh...The Voice of Reason strikes again. But you do realize that if we all acknowledged and followed this logic, this board would no longer satisfy everyone's need to yell at someone over teh internets.

Wait a minute. :idea:

:party:

Archived