• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan making "scary" improvement? Yikes!

KintnerBoy

Why is anyone surprised? He was labeled a "once in a generation" type of player by many in the football punditry. His rookie season showed his unlimited potential. Even if he hits a 'sophomore slump', he's showing he's the real deal. Barring injury, this guy will get better, and we better be ready for that! I'd take him, that's for sure!

Why is anyone surprised? He was labeled a "once in a generation" type of player by many in the football punditry. His rookie season showed his unlimited potential. Even if he hits a 'sophomore slump', he's showing he's the real deal. Barring injury, this guy will get better, and we better be ready for that! I'd take him, that's for sure!

I read several pundits that actually were not very high on Ryan at all. If I remember correctly, many said that if he weren't in a draft that were so lacking in quality quarterbacks, he would have never gone as high as he did.

He has the potential to be really good, but I'm not sweatin' it. The Brees-led Saints have shown that it takes more than a talented offense to win games.

I do, of course, realize that the Falcons have a better defense and running game than the Saints. ;)

I think a different division winner every year is enough competition for me. And this year might be the fiercest NFC South battle ever. Everyone pretty split on who's gonna win it.

Yeah, Panthers and Falcons. Anything else would just be ...

THe proof is in how great his decision making is when people are in his face. Everyone looks good when no one is rushing them. Ryan will be a good quarterback but he has a long way to go before he is the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. In the end the difference with us and the Falcons will be the defense. We will have to see which one is better this year. Seems every team in the South may be better and the schedule will be tougher. They could easily not win 10 games this year and still be better.

I HATE the Falcons with a passion, and am a die hard Panthers guy (went to 2 road games and 6 home games last season, and the playoff game). With that said:

Matt Ryan throwing the deep ball> Jake throwing the deep ball

also,

Matt Ryan threading the needle> Jake threading the needle.

Sad, but true. The Falcons will be a force to be reckoned with next season, they have an excellent running threat and added another weapon that the Panthers have been notorious for having issues with, a great pass-catching tight end. Look for it to be a dead heat between us and them all year for the top spot in the NFC South. I will go out on the limb and say whoever wins the NFC South next year, will play for the NFC title.

Archived