• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

I wish The Golden Calf of Bristol good luck where he winds up, just don't want it to be here in Carolina.

I hope no one signs him, he goes into a deep depression and develops a meth habit and is arrested years from now giving handjobs in a public restroom for cash.

fug The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Guest HelloWorld

I'm not a fan of The Golden Calf of Bristol. But talent is talent. He's not a starting NFL QB but could he be used as an emergency back QB but then also used as a HB//FB/TE type of player but he would have to actually contribute in that role. Of course it's also up to The Golden Calf of Bristol to take on that type of role.

Then there is also the issue of the media attention and crazy evangelical Christians to deal with.

I'm not advotcating for this but the idea came to mind when I read the Jets are going to cut him and wanted to see what others thought. To be honest his time in the NFL may have come to an end.

You forgot to mention what talent he has.

Guest HelloWorld

I hope no one signs him, he goes into a deep depression and develops a meth habit and is arrested years from now giving handjobs in a public restroom for cash.

fug The Golden Calf of Bristol.

...homeless on the street giving handjobs for cash...it's easy mmmmk. South Park is awesome!

Yeah, cause Heisman trophy winners never make it to the NFL..

Actually, Heisman winning quarterbacks generally don't.

Obviously, there are exceptions.

He did win the heisman trophy and dominated the SEC for 3 straight years. Don't act like he doesn't have any talent

As an athlete, he's extremely talented.

As a quarterback at the college level, quite talented.

As a quarterback at the pro level...not good enough.

Guys don't have winning records as a starter and win playoff games when they can't play. No matter how much the defense helped him or what his competition was, in the NFL if you can win games you must have some ability. He basically has one season under his belt as a starter. Most young QBs struggle the first year or two.

I can't imagine why the Jets never gave him a shot to play when they benched Sanchez. What damage could it have done? Bernie Kosar had bad form too but he got the job done.

You can't imagine why because you've constructed the idea in your head that the first paragraph of your post is true. When you realize it's bullshit then you can start to imagine why the Jets didn't give him a chance. He is not good enough to deserve a chance.

Why dont one of you guys post an animated gif of The Golden Calf of Bristol hitting the game winning pass in overtime vs. the Steelers. You can make anyone look awful if you pick out their worst plays and only show them.

yeah why don't you guys show what is easily the signature play of his career instead of an incomplete pass which is exactly what happened on 52% of his attempts.

i also find that people get too fixated on jimmy clausen's lack of arm strength.  you can make anyone look awful if you point out their flaws.

Archived