• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

Also during his 2011 playoff season, he had the worst Completion percentage and a terrible QB ranking.

The broncos won despite The Golden Calf of Bristol

the broncos' 2011 run and playoff victory over the steelers was really something to watch. i'll be the first to admit.

but winning your division at 8-8 with a starting quarterback who completes 46% of his passes and has mechanics that are put to shame by middle aged weekend warriors at the local park isn't something that you can depend on.

^ LSU fan.. So you're saying 12,232 total yards of offense and 145 total touchdowns is the product of an offensive scheme? OK buddy. Let me know when a player even gets close to that amount of production.

A three year starter in that kind of offense should put up crazy numbers. You know who else rode the Urban Meyer wave? David Carr. How did he turn out? I'm not saying he has zero talent, I'm saying he's a system QB. His success with the Broncos was due to the defense, and the level of competition they faced. An extremely sub-par Patriots defense made him look like he doesn't belong in the league. The times he played downs for the Jets, it was a joke. He may go down as the greatest college QB ever, sure, but that doesn't equal NFL success. He's like the Tyler Hansbrough of the NFL.

the broncos' 2011 run and playoff victory over the steelers was really something to watch. i'll be the first to admit.

but winning your division at 8-8 with a starting quarterback who completes 46% of his passes and has mechanics that are put to shame by middle aged weekend warriors at the local park isn't something that you can depend on.

the steelers kinda burnt themselves that game. they completely sold out on the run, left man coverage on the outside with one or none safeties over the top. it was a fluke win for The Golden Calf of Bristol's broncos.

A three year starter in that kind of offense should put up crazy numbers. You know who else rode the Urban Meyer wave? David Carr. How did he turn out? I'm not saying he has zero talent, I'm saying he's a system QB. His success with the Broncos was due to the defense, and the level of competition they faced. An extremely sub-par Patriots defense made him look like he doesn't belong in the league. The times he played downs for the Jets, it was a joke. He may go down as the greatest college QB ever, sure, but that doesn't equal NFL success. He's like the Tyler Hansbrough of the NFL.

you mean alex smith? not sure if carr was ever under meyer but im pretty sure smith was

Archived