• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

I doubt you could prove that. Sounds like a prejudicial statement, honestly.

There are people defending him in this thread. Can you actually confirm that all of those doing so are Christians?

I asked thelt but he ignored the question. and you're right, I can't prove it (I don't know that anyone's collected data on it, not sure how you would) but this is one of those instances where a broad diaspora of anecdotal evidence and inductive reasoning is illuminating. (of course the x-factor is gator fans, who, like app state fans, can't be trusted to opine objectively on whether or not the bestest QB of all time can start in the NFL.)

I give The Golden Calf of Bristol no sympathy for the circus that follows him. It's fine if you wanna tell everybody about your faith, many players do this. It is another thing for you to pose in GQ magazine covers like Jesus on the cross. He knows what he is doing and he has done this to himself.

I asked thelt but he ignored the question. and you're right, I can't prove it (I don't know that anyone's collected data on it, not sure how you would) but this is one of those instances where a broad diaspora of anecdotal evidence and inductive reasoning is illuminating. (of course the x-factor is gator fans, who, like app state fans, can't be trusted to opine objectively on whether or not the bestest QB of all time can start in the NFL.)

hey man don't generalize app state fans!

There's that, plus what I call the 'highlight reel scouts', i.e. the folks who want to sign anybody they ever saw make a big play on ESPN.

That kind of thought process is what brings us threads about how we'd be Super Bowl bound if we'd just sign Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco.

How do I delete my account with this forum?  I really do not want to part of a forum where the admins change my posts with a word filter.

you could just quit posting.

this happens every few years...filter changing players names who end up being just annoying topics and unrealistic potential roster pick ups. it happened with vick and cutler just off the top of my head and I'm sure there have been more.

no one is making you post in here. no one is making you read the forum. no one made you join. and no one is going to make you leave unless you make an ass out of yourself and even then, it doesn't usually work.

you don't want to be associated with a forum that filters players names? that's your prerogative, but unless you used your real name, I'm not sure anyone would ever care about your association with the huddle. even if you did use your real name and you just quit posting no one will remember.

to be fair, if you read the comments on our fan blogs whenever the armanti topic comes up, it's an extremely easy thing to do

Yea I guess it's just the people i know realize that Armanti isn't  a NFL caliber player. We just hope for the best for him because he is a good, smart dude. Graduated in 3 1/2 years, is a good dad and hard worker.

Lol, wow... apparently some of Timmy's fangirls are petitioning Obama to "resolve" his unemployment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/en-fuego/os-gd-tim-The Golden Calf of Bristol-president-obama-20130505,0,500083.post

The economy is on the upswing, but there remains some disconcerting signs:

The Golden Calf of Bristol is still unemployed.

No worries. His whacko fan-base is on the case, appealing to President Obama to resolve this crisis immediately.

Yes, they have filed a petition on the White House's 'We the People' website, asking President Obama to call Jacksonville Jaguars general  manager David Caldwell, demanding that he sign The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I am not making this up.

Here’s the official petition: “Jacksonville Jaguars fans want the team to sign recently released QB The Golden Calf of Bristol. However, rookie general manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars David Caldwell is blocking this from happening. If the Jaguars sign & START The Golden Calf of Bristol, home games will be sold out, sales will spike, the team will win and the fans will be happy. Mr. Caldwell is ignoring lots of facts about the misunderstood The Golden Calf of Bristol while in Denver: Passer rating of 125.6 is highest ever inBroncos postseason history. Most yards per completion (31.6) in NFL playoff history.100.5 QB rating is best ever for a Broncos QB in his first start. Third most passing yards in a game by a Bronco rookie QB. (308, in his 2nd start), First 15+ point comeback in the final 3 minutes of an NFL game since the merger,7 game winning drives in just 16 games!”

Yes, get on this right away Mr. President! Ignore all that other nonsense like petitions for reducing gun violence, Wall Street reform and addressing the ills of the U.S. Postal Service.

The world as we know it will end if the Jaguars don’t sign The Golden Calf of Bristol!

Aaaaand this is why people don't like The Golden Calf of Bristol... his crazy ass fans/media shitstorm.  I don't have anything against him as a person, but he's a fuging terrible QB.  Just give it up already.

this happens every few years...filter changing players names who end up being just annoying topics and unrealistic potential roster pick ups. it happened with vick and cutler just off the top of my head and I'm sure there have been more.

no one is making you post in here. no one is making you read the forum. no one made you join. and no one is going to make you leave unless you make an ass out of yourself and even then, it doesn't usually work.

you don't want to be associated with a forum that filters players names? that's your prerogative, but unless you used your real name, I'm not sure anyone would ever care about your association with the huddle. even if you did use your real name and you just quit posting no one will remember.

the vick word filter in 2009 was classic.

so many idiots with 10 posts making thread after thread about how the panthers need to bring in "michael bolton" or they're going to switch teams.  then the meltdowns when they couldn't figure out what was going on.

the vick word filter in 2009 was classic.

so many idiots with 10 posts making thread after thread about how the panthers need to bring in "michael bolton" or they're going to switch teams.  then the meltdowns when they couldn't figure out what was going on.

i can't remember who cutler was, but yeah the whole michael bolton thing was awesome. i don't think The Golden Calf of Bristol will blow up anywhere close to the level of those two.

In any case, I'm glad to finally see someone on this board with a retarded opinion actually want to stop posting after being ridiculed for his retarded opinion instead of dragging it out, derailing every thread with a central misguided agenda, and getting his account deleted and constantly re-registering with a different name to continue posting his agenda.

So at least we can respect the guy for giving us that much

In any case, I'm glad to finally see someone on this board with a retarded opinion actually want to stop posting after being ridiculed for his retarded opinion instead of dragging it out, derailing every thread with a central misguided agenda, and getting his account deleted and constantly re-registering with a different name to continue posting his agenda.

So at least we can respect the guy for giving us that much

yeahh, that would be nice.tho I'm not sure what his opinion is whether he's pro tbo or anti tbo...don't really care. 

Archived