• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets to cut Tebow...could there be a place a the Panthers's roster?

Can you name another quarter back who won the heisman, was drafted in the first round, won more games than he lost his first season as a starter, won a playoff game as a starter and then never had a chance to start again and was told he is not good enough to play QB in the NFL? 

I think that is why this topic stays hot.  If someone would give him a chance then he would either prove that he sucks or he would prove he can get it done and then the issue would go away. 

The only debate surrounding The Golden Calf of Bristol playing QB in the NFL is among soccer moms and church groups. Football people knew he was an NFL fail and he did not disappoint.

Do you mean the football people who drafted him in the first round or the football people who benched a decent QB in Orton in favor of him? Maybe you mean the football people for the Steelers who dared him to beat them with his arm. The only football people who have had him on the roster and not used him are the football people on the Jets. I am not sure I would call the Jets or anyone associated with the current clusterf*ck they have going on up there a football person.

No you're right. You, someone who simply posts on a forum sees something that all 32 teams in the nfl didn't see. He cleared waivers because they're all too dense to see he's a winner. Stupid scouts, GM's and owners. You know better. Good on you bro.

If he was brought in, the positives would be that he could run some semblance of the same playbook that we run with Cam. I also think the "media circus" would be a good change for Charlotte. We've never had that kind of coverage before. He wouldn't eat much cap space because the J E T S are paying him.

The negatives are even though he is of high moral fiber, he may prove to be a negative in the locker room due to all the undeserved attention he receives. I also don't know how Cam would like having him here. He may like the fact that he is starting ahead of the guy that he played behind in college or he may hate the attention that The Golden Calf of Bristol gets. The Golden Calf of Bristol would be a solid character/teammate influence on him if he'd allow it.

IF The Golden Calf of Bristol came to Carolina, I'd buy his Jersey. Would you?

The only debate surrounding The Golden Calf of Bristol playing QB in the NFL is among soccer moms and church groups. Football people knew he was an NFL fail and he did not disappoint.

Not quite correct.

Josh McDaniels thought enough of him to use a first round pick. But even if he hadn't, I fell pretty sure someone would eventually have drafted him. Likewise, down the road, the Jets believed enough to trade for him.

It is true that the vast majority of football people have given up on him now, but ya never know. All it takes is one GM with a wild hair and/or a coach with a big enough ego to think "maybe no one else can fix him, but I can."

Won't be us though. Pretty sure Gettleman doesn't get wild hairs.

The Golden Calf of Bristol would be better than Jimmy imo. At least he has the balls to throw it, even if it is wildly inaccurate.

Plus he'd bring in more Panthers fans (hopefully?) and he could fit right in with the option stuff...

But he'd still be 3rd string.

If he was brought in, the positives would be that he could run some semblance of the same playbook that we run with Cam. I also think the "media circus" would be a good change for Charlotte. We've never had that kind of coverage before. He wouldn't eat much cap space because the J E T S are paying him.

The negatives are even though he is of high moral fiber, he may prove to be a negative in the locker room due to all the undeserved attention he receives. I also don't know how Cam would like having him here. He may like the fact that he is starting ahead of the guy that he played behind in college or he may hate the attention that The Golden Calf of Bristol gets. The Golden Calf of Bristol would be a solid character/teammate influence on him if he'd allow it.

IF The Golden Calf of Bristol came to Carolina, I'd buy his Jersey. Would you?

Hell to the no!  A media circus like that is never a good thing for a team.  It would cause nothing but distractions in what is already a pretty crucial year for our 3rd-year HC/QB.  Seriously, think about it for a second... say Cam has a string of back-to-back sub-par/bad games or something and then take into account the national perception of Cam already due to the media lynching he took last season (and his college drama if you want to go that far back).

A lot of people, outside of people who follow the Panthers pretty closely, don't think too highly of Cam Newton.  Hell, I even know quite a few casual Panthers fans who don't really care much for him.  That primetime showing against the Giants and the "lol Cam sucks, sophomore slump, pouty, immature, bad teammate, wears towel on his head" campaign by the media is still pretty much endeared into the public's perception of him.  You bring in The Golden Calf of Bristol and his "fans" on top of that and you've got a pretty lethal combination.  Teams don't want that kind of unnecessary attention, especially when he's not even a good QB to begin with.

I think Carolina is probably one of the worst possible places for The Golden Calf of Bristol to come to just because of Cam Newton.  I love me some Cam, but given his persona/brand, do you really think he would like being the 2nd most popular QB on his own team?  That just has trouble written all over it man.

Archived