• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think our secondary could be historically bad

CardiacCats

Nobody remembers that Mike Mintor was the best player in the secondary on the 2003 team.

Had a bunch of no name corners, and a stop gap at the other safety position.

Giants have won two recent superbowls without a star studded secondary.

We'll be fine.

The corner that resembled a piece of burnt toast on the Super Bowl squad was Terry Cousin. Every damned big play an opposing offense ran that year against us, including Brady in the SB, sure enough, Cousin was trailing the play after getting burned. Cousin did more to lose us that Super Bowl than Dan Henning's early play calling or Kasay kicking the ball out of bounds ever did. :mad:

I think our defense is going to be so much fresher than last year. Lots of rotations in and out since we have the talent to do this. Rotating the front 4 amongst Johnson, Star, Short, Edwards, Hardy, Alexander, and Keiser. Rotating the likes of Florence, Norman, Thomas, Dockery, Captain, Godfrey, Campbell, and Mitchell. Our DBs got better as the season wore on and I think they can only be better with the drafting of Star & Short.

Archived