• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher Is Overrated

Guest RT81

I still don't get why so many people want this overrated pos as our head coach.It took him 15 years to finally win a superbowl and mostly that win was cause of the refs screwing seattle with bad call after bad call in that game.

John Fox is a great coach and I'm happy with the job he done and he lead us to a superbowl title and more after that.Just be patient guys Fox knows what he doing and is alot smarter than all you haters who want bill cowher.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Bill Cowher is not an "overrated pos".

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances [winning one]. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

-via Wikipedia

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Bill Cowher is not an "overrated pos".

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances [winning one]. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, the Pittsburgh Steelers had the best record of any team in the National Football League since Cowher was hired as head coach.

-via Wikipedia

Logic and rational thought are not allowed in this thread.

I am a fan of Cowher, but I do admit that he is a little overrated.

While I think that he is a really good coach, he is not HOF worthy, as some fans would have you believe.

Tomlin is proof that Pitt has a very good "system" in place.

Tomlin is proof that Pitt has a very good "system" in place.

A "system" that JR is trying to emulate. Panther football and Fox's brand of football survives the fad's and wins football games when the right personnel are in place. Just like in Pittsburgh. I can't think of a better organization to copy.

When did this happen? :rolleyes:

I meant fox will lead us to a superbowl title and I said in another thread already that this is our year baby.

I'd def. rather have Fox than Cowher. Cowher did what he did because of Lebeau. I will interested to see how Cowher does once he starts coaching again.

I agree 100% lebeau was the reason for pittsburgh success not cowher hell pitt just won another sb without him so that shows you how imporant bill was to the system.

Archived