• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day 3: Draft Discussion

saX man

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I understand where ya'll are coming from and tend to agree with you in general but we absolutely should still draft a QB. Let that guy come in and learn under the current veteran starter until the time comes to make a change. All of that should be up to Canales. We should proceed forward with newfound clarity after the Bryce Young fiasco and yes that means a top to bottom reevaluation of our approach to the position. But we should also be mindful that this whole thing came about because we stubbornly ignored virtually all previous common sense norms for QB evaluation and selected an outlier among outliers after trading a fortune because we got caught up in media created smoke and mirrors mainly due to the college said QB played for. Tune out unnecessary noise tone down the analytics and just draft good football players. Regardless of position. And we'll be fine.
    • Now there's that UNC secondary I recognize. Dudes just running down the field wide open. That's the norm.
    • Same here. If you've got a coach like Canales, just go with former first round QBs with some wisdom earned over the years and switch them out every 3-5 years as/if needed. No need taking a gamble on a rookie and waiting/hoping he becomes a franchise QB. I know Tepper (and many in here) want that long term franchise guy who will be the face of the franchise, but we got the same distance using a 30something year old cast off as we did with a generational talent drafted first overall. Is it really necessary to go the route of drafting your franchise QB?