• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day 3: Draft Discussion

saX man

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Canes controlled every aspect of the game against Tampa Bay Friday night. Of course, it was the Canes A team mostly against TB's "depth" squad, as they put it. Kochetkov played well in net, he didn't have to make that many saves as TB's shots on goal totaled 17. One concern I have is Orlov. He wasn't good last night again- a trend during the preseason. He misplayed a couple pucks resulting in turnovers and wasn't able to stop outlet passes up the boards on at least 5 plays I saw. Maybe that's why he's playing in almost every preseason game because RBA has figured out it takes time for him to find his game. Slavin and Burns- exactly what you'd expect. And Burns was surprisingly physical last night. Although credited with 1 hit, he was a physical presence on both ends. The vets all played well- Staal, Aho was active, I had to look for Martinook a couple times, although he made a helluva play to save a goal when Kochetkov got caught out of the net. I also thought the Canes passed up a lot of shot opportunities trying to make the extra pass. And you know that won't sit well with RBA. Get pucks to the net- his mantra.
    • No Colorado this weekend folks.   Keep hate for next week.
    • FSU scored 14.  But DJU and scoring ain’t what they do.   They scored 13 and 12 the weeks prior.