• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2: Panthers select Kawann Short

Kuech the Sneak

What scares me most is that we haven't responded to the developing events to the draft. We decided what we wanted and completely ignored the reality changing around us. Short was clearly the choice before the draft even started, and nothing changed that. That's worrisome with the level of great talent at immediate news. What's more scary is Gettleman's confidence in our corners. The giddy with which he spoke about aging, average Drayton Florence now seems a lit scarier in hindsight.. You can throw out tired cliches about not needing talented players in your secondary because of your dline, but unfortunately, those cliches don't win football games. Talented players do, and the Panthers have the worst secondary in the league by a very, very, big mile.

Gettleman came out and made a point that we wouldn't be trading back into today's round. Not only is that worrisome how definitively he said that... It really, really speaks to the fact that he has no interest in playing for this season. When you make a stubborn decision to stick closely to your board and not respond to the changing events in the draft, you are forced to make such decisions with more thought.

You're looking in to this pick way too much. Kawan Short is a pick for the future, not necessarily for the present. We just solidified our d-line, something we havn't been able to say in a while. Be happy.

You're looking in to this pick way too much. Kawan Short is a pick for the future, not necessarily for the present. We just solidified our d-line, something we havn't been able to say in a while. Be happy.

oh cool another rebuilding year nice

The dude dominated the Senior Bowl, I think he will be a good player but at the same time, we had so much other needs with players still available that would have fit. Idk time will tell, i just hope it works out better than when the Bucs took 2 Dt's early

The Bucs had the best run defense in the league last year, largly because of those two DTs - McCoy and Miller.

Hey Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, and whichever scrub saints tailback that starts,

Fug You!

Sincerely,

Dave Gettlemen

LOL, you know i didnt even think about the runningbacks that are in our division till now. It makes this pick that much easier

Archived