• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 10 Franchise mode improvements

scpanther22

from the madden blog

Q: Since two-back systems are in vogue, will running backs split carries a la Carolina, Tennessee, etc.?

A: Yes. This is all determined by the RB sliders in your coach options. We have logic that determines how carries will be split later on in franchise. If you have two 90 overall running backs, they will split carries.

Q: Has anything been done to the logic to stop players from retiring too early?

A: Yes. The retirement logic has been tuned so that less 30-34 year old players with a higher overall rating retire. You’ll still see players retire, but if they’re any good, they’ll stay around a little longer.

http://insideblog.easports.com/Default.aspx?game=Madden&PageIndex=1

• 2 weeks later...

have they not fixed unrealistic poo like Runningbacks getting 2500 rushing yards year after year or did that die with the old consoles (ps2, Xbox)? because I'm getting a 360 this summer and this will be my first taste of the "new" generation consoles.

no.

im debating whether or not i will buy madden this year. last years was probably the worst ever.

Nothing was or will ever be worse than Madden 06 on 360. If you're wondering why it's specifically 360, it's because the PS3 was not out yet. The first taste of next-gen football was sour.

I'm encourage by the fact that one of the senior designers for the franchise mode was the lead on NFL Head Coach 09. HC was a great game with tons of depth for real football fans so I'm excited to see what he brought to the table. Some changes he made sound great but EA promised a great game each summer and it never happens.

I really hope the blocking improvements are real and it matters whether or not the defense is a 4-3 or 3-4 and I'd also like to see a lineman get double-teamed.

I'm encourage by the fact that one of the senior designers for the franchise mode was the lead on NFL Head Coach 09. HC was a great game with tons of depth for real football fans so I'm excited to see what he brought to the table. Some changes he made sound great but EA promised a great game each summer and it never happens.

I really hope the blocking improvements are real and it matters whether or not the defense is a 4-3 or 3-4 and I'd also like to see a lineman get double-teamed.

yes i would like it to be a game change on 4-3 to 3-4 teams...like being rated as a 3-4 DE and then going to a 4-3 as a DE and geting like 17+ sacks..when you need two diff skill sets as a DE

the RB slider is in 09, but it doesn't work. I set mine for 55/45, and Stewart would only get 1 or 2 touches a game. I just change packages to get him in more now.

thing I don't like about the mode is that it doesn't incorporate anything. I went all the way through, and every game looked pretty much the same. The only difference between the Superbowl and any other game was that they picked an MVP. No graphics of trophies, celebrations, etc. Pretty disappointing.

the RB slider is in 09, but it doesn't work. I set mine for 55/45, and Stewart would only get 1 or 2 touches a game. I just change packages to get him in more now.

thing I don't like about the mode is that it doesn't incorporate anything. I went all the way through, and every game looked pretty much the same. The only difference between the Superbowl and any other game was that they picked an MVP. No graphics of trophies, celebrations, etc. Pretty disappointing.

this is true i set my slider like that..and it does nothing and in the game peppers is not that good his speed is high but his strength is low so he does not get good pressure all the time.i get more sacks from kemo and taylor

i also want it to be more detail for the 3-4..i know guys that go 3-4 with the panthers and dominate...even when we do not have the skill set for a 3-4

Archived