• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So if the Bears start making deep playoff runs and maybe a SB win in the coming years

frash.exe

"Too much" to one team isn't "too much" to another. Would I want my QB taking up 21 million in cap space for a year? Hell to the no. But Indy and Philly don't mind it.

The Bears made to SB 41 mostly because of their defense and run game and some timely big plays in the passing game and I would expect more of the same if they make it again. I don't think you have to give up "that much" to get that ability in a QB, but to each his own. I am sure the Bears will be more than happy if they feel the Cutler deal was a big reason why they make it to the SB/playoffs/etc.

I'm sure Mr Scot still will :lol:

Though to his credit, he likes Lovie Smith and someone else... :D

Smith, Matt Forte, Olin Kreutz, and others.

If having Cutler turns them into a Patriot style dynasty, I'll admit it was worth it.

If, however, Cutler doesn't get the team over the hump that he's supposed to, will you say they gave up too much?

One Lombardi and most Bear fans wouldn't care what they gave up, regardless of what he does otherwise.

In fairness, that's true of most fanbases regarding player deals.

I could even see the Eagle fanbase embracing a big money, multiple draft pick trade for Terrell Owens if it meant a trophy.

(admittedly, that one's a stretch) :sosp:

I will certainly admit that I was wrong, if he turns them into Pitt overnight.

Denver has not done as well with the picks so far....IMO, but I will admit that it is also wayyyy too early for me to say that. Didn't like Alphonso Smith with Chicago's next years first...but on the same note, I am not really thrilled with Brown, and us using next years first either.

Archived